The Student Room Group

Phone interview - Lloyds Scholars Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otidey
How long does it take to hear back from telephone interview? has been 10 days now

I joined tsr specifically to reply to this! Mine's also been 10 days. I had my interview on the 31/5/16 and she said several times that I'd hear within seven days. I had a look on the long running lloyds scholars thread, loads of people said that they got an email saying they passed the interview on the same day as they had it. Has anyone actually heard back after their telephone interview?
Hey guys i passed the numeracy test on 26th may and i recieved the email about passing but i still havent got the email about booking the telephone interview. Is it normal for them to take this long?
Original post by 12amadaeus
Hey guys i passed the numeracy test on 26th may and i recieved the email about passing but i still havent got the email about booking the telephone interview. Is it normal for them to take this long?

I think it's worth asking them through their contact page as I am in a similar position of not having been contacted. I've just sent off an email in regards to whether there will be that possibility. I have a sneaky suspicion that because it was first come first serve that there are no longer any slots available and so we haven't been contacted but hopefully their reply will prove me wrong.
Original post by sa1llll
Hey! hope the phone interview went well. how long after the interview did they let you know if you passed? I have mine next week and was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions they asked or if they asked anything out of the ordinary? thanks x

They still haven't got back to me yet! I think this is due to the extended deadline for some universities, they did say that everyone gets asked the same questions to make it fair, but I can't tell you any because that would put you at an unfair advantage to others.

But ... there's nothing out of the ordinary and if you are right for the programme you probably wont need any prior preparation so don't stress :smile: good luck x
Original post by CharlieeB
They still haven't got back to me yet! I think this is due to the extended deadline for some universities, they did say that everyone gets asked the same questions to make it fair, but I can't tell you any because that would put you at an unfair advantage to others.

But ... there's nothing out of the ordinary and if you are right for the programme you probably wont need any prior preparation so don't stress :smile: good luck x

I'm in the same predicament, they replied to my email and said that our applications are still being considered it is just that they have had an overwhelming number of applications to process and a new batch of telephone interview slots will go up in the coming days. Hope that helps!
Original post by Salsa123
I'm in the same predicament, they replied to my email and said that our applications are still being considered it is just that they have had an overwhelming number of applications to process and a new batch of telephone interview slots will go up in the coming days. Hope that helps!

Really... :bored: ... haha just really want to know if i made it through my interview!!
Original post by Salsa123

Thanks that's put my mind slightly at ease :smile::smile:
I just got the phone interview email :smile::smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I just had a telephone interview I think it went ok! Hope it did well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for results after phone interview, mine was 06/06/2016
Had my phone interview on the 27th May, still not had any feedback. I think they want to process every single phone interview before proceeding to the next stage.
Original post by TheHammeredDog
Had my phone interview on the 27th May, still not had any feedback. I think they want to process every single phone interview before proceeding to the next stage.

I agree that must be what they're doing. But I got told I'd hear within seven days, so they must have known that wasn't realistic?

I also think it could be to do with the changes being made at Lloyds right now, lots of redundancies so possibly their HR department is a little busy with that. The whole thing is v frustrating though, especially in the middle of exams.
Original post by londonr0se
I agree that must be what they're doing. But I got told I'd hear within seven days, so they must have known that wasn't realistic?

I also think it could be to do with the changes being made at Lloyds right now, lots of redundancies so possibly their HR department is a little busy with that. The whole thing is v frustrating though, especially in the middle of exams.

Yeah I think the extended deadline at some places might have also stretched it out so I would assume that they are waiting for all their applications to be sifted through as well
Anyone else just get an email telling them to book onto an assessment centre? I checked the website and the assessment centre dates were listed but with no location? I booked onto one regardless and sent an email saying there's no locations listed. So my assessment centre could be hundreds of miles away for all I know.
I received the assessment centre email but I will be declining so one more place for you guys to get :tongue: Good luck all :smile:
Anyone else just get an email telling them to book onto an assessment centre? I checked the website and the assessment centre dates were listed but with no location? I booked onto one regardless and sent an email saying there's no locations listed. So my assessment centre could be hundreds of miles away for all I know.

I also got said email. As they didn't say a location and heeding their 'first come first served' warning (I worried that all the slots would go before they clarified) I picked the best date and hoped for the best. Then got an email saying I'd booked for Solihull. That would be a bit of a hefty trip for me!- does anyone know if they're all in Solihull or if each date has a specfic location?
Original post by SidTheDalek
I also got said email. As they didn't say a location and heeding their 'first come first served' warning (I worried that all the slots would go before they clarified) I picked the best date and hoped for the best. Then got an email saying I'd booked for Solihull. That would be a bit of a hefty trip for me!- does anyone know if they're all in Solihull or if each date has a specfic location?

They replied to my email saying they're ALL in Solihull. Which is weird because in previous years they've been all over the place. They said they'll pay for the hotel if you live more than 2 hours away from it...but I live about 1.5 hours so it's a long journey but not long enough!!
They replied to my email saying they're ALL in Solihull. Which is weird because in previous years they've been all over the place. They said they'll pay for the hotel if you live more than 2 hours away from it...but I live about 1.5 hours so it's a long journey but not long enough!!

Ah, thanks for that. Yeah, you really don't want a 1.5 hour journey before a really pretty early assessment day! Sorry to hear it.

It's interesting though, if they're paying for hotels for what must be a good proportion of interviewees, surely that must be as expensive as running the centres in a couple more locations. Even if they're cheap hotels. Why just one place?
Has anybody booked a assessment centre date yet?
Ive been booked onto an assensment centre in solihill, which is a 2 and a half hour journey for me! Ugh ...

Quick Reply

Latest