The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

image.jpg
Original post by Ethan100
Can someone post All multiple choice questions, or just post 7,8 and 9 please
Yeah in bearing form its just 061 because the angle we were finding out is the only angle needed, No need for subtracting from 180 or 90 :smile:

Original post by ___Sophie___
I wrote it like 61 degrees East of North, our teacher taught us it like that rather that the bearings. I think both methods are correct though hopefully

Thank god I left it as 061.I'm really happy about that question. I thought I got 0 marks for the full 2 pages and was very worried. It seems like people are getting the same now, So I'm happy!
Can you guys remember what you got for the velocity? off the top of my head I think I got 1.8 or 1.2 something? Can't remember
I wrote it like 61 degrees East of North, our teacher taught us it like that rather that the bearings. I think both methods are correct though hopefully

YES i got the same answer as you didnt use bearings as they confuse me lol
Original post by Marina1264
See Ithiugh 5 was B because it doesn't say which side of the block was placed on the table, it just says one of them, and the one that gives the minimum pressure, which would be B
As P= F/A
P= 4.9/ 0.*0.1

Just realised should be D as minimum area is 0.1*0.5=0.005
P=F/A
=4.90/0.005
=980
What did people get about the electrons one, on the first page? I didn't really understand that one :/ I multiplied tap hat number by the charge which was 15C or something
Original post by A+Hunter
Thank god I left it as 061.I'm really happy about that question. I thought I got 0 marks for the full 2 pages and was very worried. It seems like people are getting the same now, So I'm happy!
Can you guys remember what you got for the velocity? off the top of my head I think I got 1.8 or 1.2 something? Can't remember

I am really bad at remembering answers but something like that.

The part of that question that I found the most difficult was the last part. The statement part where it asked you something about average velocity and average speed.
Remember what you wrote ?
Original post by A+Hunter

Can't remember but I did:
average velocity = displacement / time
So used 85 for the displacement but I can't remember the rest

The part of that question that I found the most difficult was the last part. The statement part where it asked you something about average velocity and average speed.

Oh the statements are always the worst. I made a guess on that one and said something about his total distance.

Can't remember but I did:
average velocity = displacement / time
So used 85 for the displacement but I can't remember the rest

Yeah it was something like 85/68 I believe
Reply 528
The ones I got differently were: 5.B. 9.E. 11.A. ... Did anyone else get these?

Ye I got the same for those ones

For average velocity you s=vt (s=displacement not to be confused with speed)
What did people get about the electrons one, on the first page? I didn't really understand that one :/ I multiplied tap hat number by the charge which was 15C or something

I divided something but I ignored the negative sign as that was just there because electrons are negatively charged particles

I just said something about how displacement was how far away the end point was relative to the start point. Whereas distance is just how far the student traveled. Since distance>displacement , average speed > average velocity
Can someone give me the answers to multiple choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 15 Multiple Choice I put E, The reason for that is because doesn't the ball starts off at rest with so speed and then gradually it gets faster and the acceleration increases ?

Im guessing Im incorrect by the amount of people who chose something else but can someone explain why ?

For Q20 Multiple Choice, IM SO ANNOYED WITH THIS ONE, I THOUGHT IT SAID 14 BILLION
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aaaaa01
Can someone give me the answers to multiple choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look through this thread someone posted their answers compare them to yours
What did everyone get for the question after the E=Mc delta T, I think the question was about calculating the power? I can't remember but I got a recurring decimal (.333333.....)
For question 15 Multiple Choice I put E, The reason for that is because doesn't the ball starts off at rest with so speed and then gradually it gets faster and the acceleration increases ?

Im guessing Im incorrect by the amount of people who chose something else but can someone explain why ?

For Q20 Multiple Choice, The universe was not created in 14 million years or was it ?

For the first one i'll get back to you im on the bus atm lol

Second its 14 billion years - SQA are sneaky lol

For Q20 Multiple Choice, The universe was not created in 14 million years or was it ?

For Q20 I got D. it wasn't created in 14 million years.
What did everyone get for the question after the E=Mc delta T, I think the question was about calculating the power? I can't remember but I got a recurring decimal (.333333.....)

Yeah same, i got a recurring decimal as well.

All i remember is, is that delta t was 25 degrees if i'm not wrong?

Edit: 25 degrees
I read 14 million as billion..... Omfg :frown:

SUCH A ROOKIE MISTAKE

Quick Reply