The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Students: Please Answer

Top tips for applying and which is better (Oxford or Cambridge- law)
Studying A-Level English Literature, Spanish, Geography, Psychology (AS).
Reply 1
why do you want to do Law?
Original post by Thomb
why do you want to do Law?

Because I aspire to be in a legal profession in the future?
Reply 3
Original post by studentjjs

What do you know about law?
Original post by Thomb
What do you know about law?

Thomb, pls
Reply 5
Thomb, pls

LoL I'm only winding you up.

Seriously.

What have you read?

Just FYI: You don't have to do Law at university if you want to be a legal professional in the UK. There's something called the Graduate Diploma in Law.

What are your grades at GCSE/ AS levels? Do you prefer the Cambridge system (more optional modules, exams over all 3 years) or the Oxford system (more compulsory subjects, 3 papers in 1st year and 9 papers at the end of 3 years)?
Original post by mishieru07
Just FYI: You don't have to do Law at university if you want to be a legal professional in the UK. There's something called the Graduate Diploma in Law.

What are your grades at GCSE/ AS levels? Do you prefer the Cambridge system (more optional modules, exams over all 3 years) or the Oxford system (more compulsory subjects, 3 papers in 1st year and 9 papers at the end of 3 years)?

Yeah but I do want a Law degree and by the sounds of it Cambridge... And I got 5 A*-A, 2 Bs, 2 Cs and predicted 100% A in my a-levels: English Lit, Spanish, Geography and Psychology
Yeah but I do want a Law degree and by the sounds of it Cambridge... And I got 5 A*-A, 2 Bs, 2 Cs and predicted 100% A in my a-levels: English Lit, Spanish, Geography and Psychology

Assuming you do very well on AS levels, I'd recommend applying to Cambridge. If I had to guess, those GCSEs are probably below average for Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending