Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Brutal Homophobic Attack in Brighton, Sussex

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by SmileyVibe)
    Guys in my school call each other **** all the time. The last thing they expect of any of their friends to be gay. Guys call other guys **** to be insulting just like girls can call each other bitc*es or h*oes before they fight each other. In fact, the guys call each other **** in a playful manner at least in my school. The same as calling your friend a crazy bi*ch in a joking a manner.

I'm not sure what goes down in the UK but it isn't uncommon for guys to call each other **** in an insult contest in the USA. Maybe the attack was motivated for him being gay or maybe it wasn't. Who knows.

Gay people are pretty accepted in America. I'm sorry for ignorance of how gays are treated in the Uk but compared to other countries/places, gay people have more rights.

Good explanation of the use of fag (US context)

What really bothers me is this scornful, disdainful attitude many people in the LGBT+ community hold, saying stuff like "ughh **** these white cis conservative males and their privilege, they've ruined everything!" or annoyingly introducing themselves as blabla-romantic blabla-sexual blabla-queer.. I completely understand that people fall under different parts of the very long and extensive spectrums on sexuality, gender and whatnot, but this has sadly become more of an interesting feature than a simply innate characteristic, and people are flaunting this around like idiots. That mentality needs to change, or else this movement (for the + part of LGBT+) will fail miserably.

They are still protected by law, to suggest otherwise is farcical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.