The Student Room Group

How to deal with heat during exams?

I've got exams this Monday and my biggest anxiety is not being able to concentrate in the exams. Lately the heat has been affecting my revision greatly as I'm struggling to focus and feeling sleepier and I'm worried the same will happen during the exam, causing me to fail my exam. My first exam is Edexcel RE so I'd be constantly writing and writing during the exam and won't have much time to think of points so I need to be sharp and focused but if the heat gets to me then I'll have no chance of doing it. Do you have any advice for what to do?
Take a water bottle in the exam with you. Remember it can't have a label on it.
Reply 2
Frozen water bottle!
Original post by M14B
Frozen water bottle!

don't recommend (kind of makes everything wet somehow??)
Reply 4
Original post by surina16
don't recommend (kind of makes everything wet somehow??)

You keep it on the floor by the table
Original post by M14B
You keep it on the floor by the table

ah, my year 10 self did not think of that at the time :colondollar:

Spoiler

They will have a responsibility not to let the heat rise to an uncomfortable level. I think you are worrying too much as you dont even know if it will be hot. Im surpised people are taking in frozen bottles becayse that will leave a pool of water by each desk as well. I actaullay cant remember if people were allowed to take drinks in or whether they just gave out water? A bigger worry would be spilling drink on your paper.
Original post by 999tigger
They will have a responsibility not to let the heat rise to an uncomfortable level. I think you are worrying too much as you dont even know if it will be hot. Im surpised people are taking in frozen bottles becayse that will leave a pool of water by each desk as well. I actaullay cant remember if people were allowed to take drinks in or whether they just gave out water? A bigger worry would be spilling drink on your paper.

Dude. Computer room + heatwave + no windows + closed door happened last year for me.
I died. I guess it went out the window, temp control didn't happen.
Reply 8
Original post by Midnightmemories
Take a water bottle in the exam with you. Remember it can't have a label on it.

No labels, just need to make sure I remember that for the exam. Kind of a weird policy but someone must've managed to cheat with a label somehow.

Original post by M14B
Frozen water bottle!

I don't know why I didn't think of that, just need to make sure the ice doesn't expand and break the bottle or something, how would I go about doing that?

I guess I am being a bit over anxious. My school started providing water bottles that we're allowed to use in school to stop the misuse of the water bottles they gave out during exams. (Didn't really do much) I've spilled water on my history paper enough times to know that I should never keep the bottle on the table and always on the floor. xD
Original post by Midnightmemories
Dude. Computer room + heatwave + no windows + closed door happened last year for me.
I died. I guess it went out the window, temp control didn't happen.

Never had to take exams in computer room. Id expect them to put soem fans in or something. In any event if everyone is having to put up with the same id be less worried and in the event it was really bad id just make an official complaint.
Original post by poohe
No labels, just need to make sure I remember that for the exam. Kind of a weird policy but someone must've managed to cheat with a label somehow.

I don't know why I didn't think of that, just need to make sure the ice doesn't expand and break the bottle or something, how would I go about doing that?

I guess I am being a bit over anxious. My school started providing water bottles that we're allowed to use in school to stop the misuse of the water bottles they gave out during exams. (Didn't really do much) I've spilled water on my history paper enough times to know that I should never keep the bottle on the table and always on the floor. xD

I just used a smart water bottle and I didn't get asked any questions though. :wink:

Never had to take exams in computer room. Id expect them to put soem fans in or something. In any event if everyone is having to put up with the same id be less worried and in the event it was really bad id just make an official complaint.

They didn't put fans in as it was "disturb people". Like the sweating and the heat didn't! Was worse for me because I had to wear a wrist brace on my hand. It was really bad. XD
The most I cna remember of hot sunny exam days was grass being cut and it looking lovely and sunny outside. On general if the heat is excessive (only a few people do computer exams), then everyone has to cope with the same.

Quick Reply

Latest