The Student Room Group

Long distance relationship advice/rant?

We've been together since November 2015 and started talking in October. He wanted to meet soon as, and I kept putting him off as I still live at home (but I've been looking for my own place). We decided to meet in the middle. SO we've had plans to meet but they keep getting pushed forward because one thing or another then i had a (Way back when vacation pre-booked for february and then again in march, and now I'm not even sure if we are anymore. so we planned for afterwards and march came and went then we planned for when he left his job and that came and went and now hes not even talking about coming up anymore.....or meeting at all.

So now, its like we used to be so heavily in touch we'd always be texting and call nearly every night or as often as we could sometimes he'd call me on breaks at work and it'd wake me up but it was so good to hear his voice. Now he doesnt even text me on his break. I've been still doing all the same things up to recently I still text him goodnight, still text him soon as I wake up tell him i love him.... ect. try to make calling time but it's just slipped and it feels like we hardly speak now. and not being together texting or calling is all we really have...

Am I expecting too much? I'll be honest this isn't my first LDR and he cheated on me... and I think thats whats making me act so crazy because I'm constantly thinking (and my friends and mom remind me it happened constantly.)
Original post by Anonymous
We've been together since November 2015 and started talking in October. He wanted to meet soon as, and I kept putting him off as I still live at home (but I've been looking for my own place). We decided to meet in the middle. SO we've had plans to meet but they keep getting pushed forward because one thing or another then i had a (Way back when vacation pre-booked for february and then again in march, and now I'm not even sure if we are anymore. so we planned for afterwards and march came and went then we planned for when he left his job and that came and went and now hes not even talking about coming up anymore.....or meeting at all.

So now, its like we used to be so heavily in touch we'd always be texting and call nearly every night or as often as we could sometimes he'd call me on breaks at work and it'd wake me up but it was so good to hear his voice. Now he doesnt even text me on his break. I've been still doing all the same things up to recently I still text him goodnight, still text him soon as I wake up tell him i love him.... ect. try to make calling time but it's just slipped and it feels like we hardly speak now. and not being together texting or calling is all we really have...

Am I expecting too much? I'll be honest this isn't my first LDR and he cheated on me... and I think thats whats making me act so crazy because I'm constantly thinking (and my friends and mom remind me it happened constantly.)

Your probably overthinking thats all, you guys haven't met for that long!? Howwwwwww?????

Your probably also hopeless romantic (more than him or any at all) which makes you think idealist views which aren't real. After a while it gets deeper so you don't talk as much as you used to. Its normal... I think, do you still talk on daily basis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending