The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did it last year... ended up being quite a lot of explaining graphs/data as opposed to doing calculations etc. Nothing really unexpected in the actual content of it, so just revise the usual stuff from the textbook/revision guide :smile:
Yeah, I'm doing Stats... have done about three hours on it in class, literally. I'm just cramming from the revision guide in the week before because I have no exams that week :smile: apparently half of it is in normal maths anyway?
Reply 3
Ugh. I dropped Statistics half way through the course. The teachers "thought it was for the best". Mind you...I did get a U in my mocks.
Reply 4
I am, but haven't done any work for it yet! I'll start on Thursday, it shouldn't be too hard to learn. I did spearmans rank in geography, and most of the other stuff I have learnt in maths. Apparently my mum said there is just a few more things I need to learn :smile:
Reply 5
According to my calculations, dancingbeth, I have concluded that your mum is a math teacher.
Reply 6
Potent
According to my calculations, dancingbeth, I have concluded that your mum is a math teacher.

Yep GCSE and A level maths. The bad thing is she gets really frustrated if I don't do a question right as she says I should easily get it :frown: She also has a Biochemistry degree so she teaches Biology and Chemistry too at GCSE, but she likes maths the most. She's obessed with it, she even does it for fun :rolleyes:
Reply 7
thepiglette
Yeah, I'm doing Stats... have done about three hours on it in class, literally. I'm just cramming from the revision guide in the week before because I have no exams that week :smile: apparently half of it is in normal maths anyway?

I have two other exams on the same day as stats! :mad: as well as 2 others that week. gr.....
Reply 8
Haha statistics is going to be quite funny for me...I have been to about 4 lessons, have no good revision books and messed up my coursework. I'm just hoping to get enough marks from general maths stuff on the paper to be able to pass it.

I did a bit of an AQA past paper and you would be surprised at the amount of probablity that came up. I wouldn't have expected it on a stats paper, but there was quite a bit...

I'm just hoping to score marks on those 'Re-word this questionnaire question' ones :wink:

Latest