Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didnt think gf was like this. Should I be worried?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

(Original post by offhegoes)
    Slippery slope fallacy. The point about changing habits was pretty valid, whether or not it applies to anyone here or whether or not you would accept it as a justification.
    ********. You have to get out of doing things of ''habit'' once you're courting. Hope you're single, if not poor sod.

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    ********. You have to get out of doing things of ''habit'' once you're courting. Hope you're single, if not poor sod.
    I've been with my girlfriend for nearly a decade now.

To think that people change every aspect of their habitual behaviour at the flip of a switch once a relationship begins is naive. Of course the "habits" that some continue range from the mundane to the ridiculous (like one-night stands), with plenty of questionable ground in the middle. Being a little flirty with some friends can be a regular pattern going back years, and of course these things must change, but may not happen straight away. Nice for the partner? Not at all. Unforgivable? Not at all.

If you wish to attack someone's argument it helps to do it in a constructive way, rather than falling into the trap of using a logical fallacy so commonplace that it has its own well-known name. Also ad hominem arguments, no need to be personal.

You may then have to explain how / why you came across these messages. I wouldn't be happy either.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.