The Student Room Group

MEI Mechanics 2 (M2) - 18 May 2016

Saw a thread for OCR Mechanics 2, but not for MEI, so here one is.

4 days to go!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did you guys find the 2015 paper
Original post by 11234

Hard the first time I tried it. Ok the second! You guys?

I find M2 incredibly hard
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Hard the first time I tried it. Ok the second! You guys?

I find M2 incredibly hard

We did it as a mock last week, got high 50's which was just an A. Apart from the 2009 series I've been getting high 60's, 09 really messed me up though.
Original post by studentmatt
We did it as a mock last week, got high 50's which was just an A. Apart from the 2009 series I've been getting high 60's, 09 really messed me up though.

So you looking to get an A/B?

I just know mechanics will definitely drag my grade down!

The older papers have definitely a lot easier than the recent papers? Anyone got any good resources for revision despite it being only a few days left?
Reply 5
Would you say the textbook questions are somewhat useful or nah
Reply 6
Anyone want to share any difficult questions. Greatly appreciate them :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by 11234

I taught myself the module from the textbook and I thought the questions were pretty good if you just ignore the really easy ones. At this point i'd only use it for topics I feel weak on.

Does anyone have a copy of the 2015 paper? I still haven't been able to get hold of it :frown:
Original post by Alex621
I taught myself the module from the textbook and I thought the questions were pretty good if you just ignore the really easy ones. At this point i'd only use it for topics I feel weak on.

Does anyone have a copy of the 2015 paper? I still haven't been able to get hold of it :frown:

I asked my teacher to print me it on our last lesson before study leave becase they have access to it, try emailing your teacher for it
Reply 9
Original post by Charonder
I asked my teacher to print me it on our last lesson before study leave becase they have access to it, try emailing your teacher for it

Awww we don't even get study leave :frown: But yeah I asked him today and he emailed it to me :smile:
Original post by 11234

Pretty non-standard questions, however it probably represents the most difficult that an M2 paper can get, so if you can handle that you should be fine.

Original post by 11234
If you've done all the papers twice, then maybe. I haven't done that much work this year, and the doing about half the papers twice while having done the rest once has been enough for me to get pretty much everything down. If your school uses the "Integral" service it's probably worth doing the chapter assessments they have on there (I did).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alex621
Awww we don't even get study leave :frown: But yeah I asked him today and he emailed it to me :smile:

Ooh that's nasty, but tbf our only started on thursday :wink: Nice one :wink:
Reply 12
Dropbox link to the 2015 M2 paper, in case some people don't have it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oitp1g9tqx9ngk/M2%20JUN15.pdf?dl=0

Original post by 11234

Thought it wasn't too bad. The work-energy stuff was similar to Jan 2006 and I'm guessing that was a main source of silly errors. The fact there was no pure frameworks was odd - makes me think that our paper will definitely have a significant amount.
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly think this module could go either way....been doing past papers and my marks range from a-c...
Reply 14
Original post by Icesk8ing97
Honestly think this module could go either way....been doing past papers and my marks range from a-c...

I know what you mean. A small slip can cost you around 7 marks, especially in a work-energy question. Often the difference between grades.
how should you state directions when you write down velocities, impulse etc

just draw arrows, or refer to original directions of objects?
Reply 16
So do you reckon it may be harder than the 2015 paper
Reply 17
Original post by Alex621

I always say 'in the same direction as the original motion of...' or the opposite. Mark schemes always mention accepting a correct diagram though, indicating which direction is positive.
Original post by Alex621

arrow next to "+ve" or "-ve" is how I plan to do it.
(edited 7 years ago)
the 2015 paper is abosolutely destroying me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending