The Student Room Group

Choosing dissertation topic

I'm at the point now where I have to choose a provisional dissertation topic and do a 3 page write up inc. references by the end of this month. I'm not 100% decided though, and I just wondered if anyone has had any experience of choosing a topic but then changing it at a later date to a completely different one? I have quite a few in mind at the moment, and I'll only have a couple of days to think about it this month as I have so much going on

Thanks
bump
At least you get to decide. We don't get to :/ our dissertations were organised like a complete shambles. you just get what you're given.
Original post by SophieSmall
At least you get to decide. We don't get to :/ our dissertations were organised like a complete shambles. you just get what you're given.

Wow really? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of a dissertation :s-smilie:
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Wow really? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of a dissertation :s-smilie:

Yep. Pretty annoyed to be honest :frown:
Original post by SophieSmall

:sad:

We got given a big list of the areas and projects our lecturers were experts in. It worked on a first come first serve type basis. We were also told to approach staff if you had any ideas of your own and to work out if it were feasible.

I chose mine because it sounded interesting.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending