The Student Room Group

What the moderate muslim thinks (WORLDWIDE survey)

Every single person in the West should see this survey, it should be shown in the media and discussed in schools. Then and only then we can have a realistic discussion about islam. The monsters blowing themselves up across the world are a mere symptom of a much greater, deeper issue.

First impressions :

- SE Europe and Central Asia are the most tolerant, as expected (even though the numbers are still pretty high)
- South Asia is horrific (76% want apostates executed )
- ME/NA not as bad as SA but still terrifying
- ''gays are sinners'', ''woman must obey husband'' are pretty much universal
- unreal support for ''honour killings'' in many countries

TLDR :

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not shocked or surprised one bit.

Typical Islam.
i definitely can see the passion and obsession you have towards Islam:rofl:
good graphs
Reply 4
I wish I was born 5 generations from now
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Reply 6
Original post by fatima1998

No more than the police are obsessed with crime or firefighters are with fire. It is our moral duty as humans to get rid of ancient bigotry.
Seriously, all you do is go on and on and on trying to discredit muslims. Stop. It is just boring, now.
Are You Kidding Me ?!11
Original post by ivybridge
Seriously, all you do is go on and on and on trying to discredit muslims. Stop. It is just boring, now.

Why do you continue to defend a group of people who follow a belief system that says your sexual orientation and acts of love as immoral and whose radical elements would execute you for it?
Reply 10
Original post by CarlTheCuck
Are You Kidding Me ?!11

I wish I was, Carl. I wish I was.
yh they got the opinion of 1 billion muslims yeah right LMAO!
Reply 12
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? But I think you are wrong about the ''radical'' part. As you can see over half a billion muslims want apostates and adulterers executed so I think it's safe to say the number would be quite similar for gays (while the ''liberal'' ones would only want them flogged or jailed for years).
Original post by Erebor
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? But I think you are wrong about the ''radical'' part. As you can see over half a billion muslims want apostates and adulterers executed so I think it's safe to say the number would be quite similar for gays (while the ''liberal'' ones would only want them flogged or jailed for years).

I'm not so sure about the radical part, Erebor. How many of the muslims in the UK would execute or have gays executed? Do you have any statistics on that?
Dear me. Okay, let me make this perfectly clear before I reiterate what I have already said about a thousand times in the past month on this issue.

Your religion calls my lifestyle immoral and condemns my acts of love also. There are also radical Christians out there who would be happy if homosexuals were murdered along with other minorities. So do not forget that when you're besmirching the name of one other faith simply because its been given so much media coverage that its been bombarded left right and centre. Many muslims do not condone the execution of homosexuals and many would not treat you or I differently. This poll asks for beliefs. @Lord Samosa does not feel that homosexual acts or morally in-keeping with Islamic tradition. However, that does not make him an extremist or a hateful idiot. It's his faith and I respect that as much as he respects my sexuality. I would not judge him or treat him abhorrently because he has views based on his faith. Religion has collectively condemned people for all manner of things. If we followed religion literally, we'd all be lining up for hell.

Now, I will make the second part plainer still.

I do not support or condone Islamic concepts or Islamic states' laws which persecute women, homosexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, or people from other faiths. I support the right to practise your religion privately and without discrimination or hatred because those are the very things I expect. Whether somebody thinks gay sex is immoral is not of interest to me. They may practise their religion how they please as long as it does not harm others and when it does, they will be subject to British laws.

Do I make myself much clearer now? If not, I refuse to have this debate further. You're all simply too jaded to understand my point. If you think I condone the execution of gays on the grounds of "oh but they have the right to practise" then you are deluded.
Original post by Jebedee
No more than the police are obsessed with crime or firefighters are with fire. It is our moral duty as humans to get rid of ancient bigotry.

getting rid of the fastest growing religion, good luck with that, you're gonna need it! :cute:
Reply 16
We are talking about the average muslim in the world, the ones that liberals think are so peaceful and tolerant. Turns out they are not, far from it. We don't need millions more flooding in, we have enough as it is.

As for the UK, 52% of muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. They didn't ask what the punishment should be for it, but if the vast majority of muslim countries are a clue it probably wouldn't be 15 hours of community service..

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/
Original post by Angry Bird
getting rid of the fastest growing religion, good luck with that, you're gonna need it! :cute:

Exactly lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Angry Bird

Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Exactly lel.

If the West wanted to do that? You realize that's a moral issue, not a technical one?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
Dear me. Okay, let me make this perfectly clear before I reiterate what I have already said about a thousand times in the past month on this issue.

Your religion calls my lifestyle immoral and condemns my acts of love also. There are also radical Christians out there who would be happy if homosexuals were murdered along with other minorities. So do not forget that when you're besmirching the name of one other faith simply because its been given so much media coverage that its been bombarded left right and centre. Many muslims do not condone the execution of homosexuals and many would not treat you or I differently. This poll asks for beliefs. @Lord Samosa does not feel that homosexual acts or morally in-keeping with Islamic tradition. However, that does not make him an extremist or a hateful idiot. It's his faith and I respect that as much as he respects my sexuality. I would not judge him or treat him abhorrently because he has views based on his faith. Religion has collectively condemned people for all manner of things. If we followed religion literally, we'd all be lining up for hell.

Now, I will make the second part plainer still.

I do not support or condone Islamic concepts or Islamic states' laws which persecute women, homosexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, or people from other faiths. I support the right to practise your religion privately and without discrimination or hatred because those are the very things I expect. Whether somebody thinks gay sex is immoral is not of interest to me. They may practise their religion how they please as long as it does not harm others and when it does, they will be subject to British laws.

Do I make myself much clearer now? If not, I refuse to have this debate further. You're all simply too jaded to understand my point. If you think I condone the execution of gays on the grounds of "oh but they have the right to practise" then you are deluded.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up one second here.

Yes, I know Christianity does not approve of homosexual acts of love but nowhere in our NT does it say that homosexuals should be executed nor did Jesus ever condone the execution of sinners. I'd like to see these so-called Christians that would celebrate the death of homosexuals, they are not Christians even according to our own books of the NT.

''1 John 4:20''“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”

Nowhere in my post did I accuse moderate muslims of wanting to murder homosexuals, just the radical elements such as ISIS. it isn't unheard of in muslim countries to see homosexuals hanging, even without the influence of ISIS, so it isn't just Islamic terrorist groups that believe in death for homosexuals.

One muslim does not disprove the viewpoints of all the muslims surveyed in the above posted polls.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending