Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is saying no once not enough?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I went on a date with this man I met the other day. After dinner we went to watch the sunset and we had our first kiss. We kissed a lot but when his hands found the bottom of my skirt and lifted it a little bit I asked him to stop. Later in the car, we kissed again and his hand went to my knee and started to travel upwards. When I realized he was going right for my underwear, I pulled his hand away and said "stop" in a way I thought was clear. But he took his hand back from mine and dove right back for it. So I jumped and pushed at his hand and this time I was mad, insulted, and disappointed with his actions. The second time he really understood how serious i was. I didn't exit the car right away and he told me how he was sorry that he thought I was just being a tease and was "jokingly" saying no but didn't actually want him to stop. He was very appilogetic and understood exactly how badly he messed up. So he said. Do you think it's possible he made a mistake or do you think he just ignored my wants for his selfish desire?
    Obviously if anything else happens it would instantly be over because I don't believe he should be making that mistake again. My real question is am I being stupid giving him another chance?

Clearly he does not have your well-being at heart. Avoid him, or you will just be repeating the above scenario each time you get together.

Personal choice. I think in most cases people should get a second chance as well all make mistakes. Obviously his knows about what is acceptable are just a little different. I think its ok tbh (your call as you were the one in the car) but it would also have been ok if you had binned him if he made you feel uncomfy. If he does it again then bin him, if you want to make it clear then talk to him about it and how you expect him to behave. Nothing heavy, just that no means no should be enough.

(Original post by Vonchichi)
    My real question is am I being stupid giving him another chance?

I'd not see him again because he might rape you...

I wouldn't see him again either.

To be honest going up underwear at a first kiss seems a bit much, not to mention then persisting. Only really you can judge how you feel and if you want to give it another go.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.