The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ZanyZanny
im hoping its on stuff like collectivisation, that has not come up for a few years, i dont think it will be cult of personality or cultural revolution as they have come up for the past couple of years. i am quite scared about the lack of choice with the quetions.

me too!! although i just worked out i don't even need to get an e on this paper!!! thats calmed me somewhat. :smile:
still hate this whole waiting business
Reply 21
all_or_nothing
me too!! although i just worked out i don't even need to get an e on this paper!!! thats calmed me somewhat. :smile:
still hate this whole waiting business

Lucky old you! Haha
Reply 22
i wish i had the luxury of not even needing a pass.
Reply 23
i think its going to be collectivisation and the power struggle...i dont know too much about the five year plans, how much detail do we have to know them in?
well five year plans, there has been a question on the effects it had on citizens...
you should know why introduced, aims, success failure
just ideas
well good luck for tomorrow everyone!
i hope we get some good questions and sources too
xxx
Reply 27
yep good luck everyone, unfortunantly as its an Edexcel exam we wont be able to talk about it till tuesday but i am sure i will moan about it then. :biggrin:
Reply 28
I really hope popular culture doesnt come up :s-smilie: Five year plans and collectivisation :biggrin:
Reply 29
lets pray...Good Luck Everyone!!!
Reply 30
I hope nothing on social realism comes up or anything to do with education/cinema/etc lol
I rushed the last bits

I dont feel prepared enough :[

good luck pplz :redface:
Reply 31
What did you think about the paper then, i thought the first question was great it was the second one i didn't like at all.
Reply 32
Yeah the 1st question was EASY...i was hoping that'd come up as the 2nd question
Cant remember what the 2nd question was :s but it wasnt that nice from what i do remember....but i wrote about 7 pages lol the sources were a bit BS :s-smilie:

I either smacked that exam or did really **** from writing irrelevant stuff :]
Reply 33
I hated the second question it wasdo you agree if stalin created an obedient population i was like wtf.
I did not like those sources either they were a rubbish for it, hopefully i have got what i needed i wanted a good grade though to show my teacher as he didn't think i would do well .
Reply 34
[QUOTE='[ S R ]']Yeah the 1st question was EASY...i was hoping that'd come up as the 2nd question
Cant remember what the 2nd question was :s but it wasnt that nice from what i do remember....but i wrote about 7 pages lol the sources were a bit BS :s-smilie:

I either smacked that exam or did really **** from writing irrelevant stuff :]

Me EXACTLY the same. The sources were all over the place, the question was broader than... ermm... something very broad, and I didn't have enough focus on my conclusion.
My conclusion was awful! I didn't have time to write a proper last question
But question one was my dream question!!! It was exactly the same one I did for AS, just without the sources.
Second one was an ok question, I just didn't really answer it very well, I don't think the sources really helped. They seemed a bit off the point of the question and most of them seemed to agree with the same view, which was a bit of a pain.
Oh well, its done.
Reply 36
did u mention the school of thought in b i.e. orthodox or revisionist
That first question was a gift & that second question was an arse but it could've been a lot worse, not sure how I've done though, I wrote almost as much for the first one as I did the second :s-smilie:
Reply 38
ahijaw
did u mention the school of thought in b i.e. orthodox or revisionist

Yes. :smile:
I bumped into my history teacher today, who came running towards me telling me how wonderful the questions were, so I was left like "umm, yah.:s-smilie: "

Anyone doing decolonisation Edexcel Unit 5 tomorrow? PM me! :cool:
Reply 39
It didn't gog reat for me but then agian neither did my mock and I scraped an A on that...key to B was to have an ongoing debate...

The grade boundaries are quite low for that exam though generally...41or 43 is an A out of 60 I think...so fingers crossed...

Latest

Trending

Trending