The Student Room Group

Feeling excluded from end of term dinner

Everybody on my course (about 30 people) has been invited to an end of 3rd year dinner. Its a private invitation event thing on facebook but I have not been invited. It hurts quite a bit to be honest. I'm a reserved person on my course and am good friends with 2 others (one of which, to my knowledge, has also not been invited). I don't think they like me particularly, they have no reason to as I've never fallen out with anyone or given them a reason to not like me. So it hurts to be excluded. The guy who told me about it, asking if i was going, said I should just message the guy who organised it, but I think that is kind of awkward and I'm not going to 'beg' somebody to invite me when they must have not invited me for a reason.
Reply 1
Just ask the guy if you can join in, even if he says no you'll never see him again..
it happens, and it will continue to happen throughout your life especially since you are reserved. Just something you have to learn to live with.
I'm the same, very reserved and rarely get invited out. I don't blame them at all.

Quick Reply

Latest