The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE BIOLOGY UNIT 1 Predictions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by shohaib712
could be possible... I think??

Nooo I doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you get for the horse foot questions? + the theory of evolution???
For the scatter graph question I wrote it's a scatter graph because you can see the distribution clearly. Can that be an answer by any chance?
Reply 123

-fittest is able to survive and reproduce
- pass characteristics to the next generation
-then they have the most suited and they survive n reproduce.
-not suited dies

I didnt really add info about the horse.. I said the first one was better adapted because it had stable bones and fingers however the last one didnt have fingers and was just a whole... I think this is wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lunaticash19995
That definitely threw me off!!

lol how different was it???
0.6 is wrong. It rounds to 0.7 or 0.67
Reply 126
Original post by stomo7
0.6 is wrong. It rounds to 0.7 or 0.67

Guys I wrote 2500%!!!!
And i regret it!!!!!!
😓😓😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lichen detect sulfur dioxide , maefly larvae is what detects for oxygen

I said that the large surface area meant less pressure so it could run away from predators?
And then I said variation due to mutation so some individuals had fewer bones on the ground and longer bones which gave them an advantage as the ground became harder when running away from predators? Then they survive, reproduced, and passed on the advantageous gene
Original post by z_o_e
-fittest is able to survive and reproduce
- pass characteristics to the next generation
-then they have the most suited and they survive n reproduce.
-not suited dies

I didnt really add info about the horse.. I said the first one was better adapted because it had stable bones and fingers however the last one didnt have fingers and was just a whole... I think this is wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i got a few of them :/
The percentage question is turning out to be 0.67%, i think.... SO i lost the marks...
Could you have said fish for the type of animal indicator question? (the last question)
Reply 131
I think i got a few of them :/
The percentage question is turning out to be 0.67%, i think.... SO i lost the marks...

Sameee i lost the mark aswell!
Idk i got 2500%!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Sameee i lost the mark aswell!
Idk i got 2500%!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully i get the mark for working out

THANK GOD I GOT 100UMS ON THE CONTROLLED ASSESSMENT - HOPEFULLY IT STILL TURNS OUT OK

worst case scenario - 35/60
realsitic prediction - 40-45/60
unrealstic prediction - 50+/60
what was the rat question?! i didn't see a question that asked about rats, was the rat thing information?

the toes give a greater surface area so their weight is spread out over a wider area and they don't sink in the mud which means they can run away from predators or some bs
and then the generic evolution answer: mutation, variation, best adaption, survive, breed, pass on genes :redface:
Original post by haniyasaeed
what was the rat question?! i didn't see a question that asked about rats, was the rat thing information?

Idk I didn't write anything about the rats themselves so I'm hoping I didn't misread the questions??
Original post by surina16
the toes give a greater surface area so their weight is spread out over a wider area and they don't sink in the mud which means they can run away from predators or some bs
and then the generic evolution answer: mutation, variation, best adaption, survive, breed, pass on genes :redface:

is it possible to get the mark for saying that it would help them run away from predators and wont sink into the mud (without mentioning the surface area?)
is it possible to get the mark for saying that it would help them run away from predators and wont sink into the mud (without mentioning the surface area?)

yeah probably, I don't think it was necessary - was just trying to make up for the marks I lost in the 6 marker etc. :redface:
Original post by surina16
Idk I didn't write anything about the rats themselves so I'm hoping I didn't misread the questions??

I think its the one to do with defining independent reseach?
I think its the one to do with defining independent reseach?

but nothing directly linked to the rats themselves, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending