The Student Room Group

As level physics URGENT URGENT URGENT

Do any of you know how I can be best prepared for the practical section for the new AQA physics As level specification? I have tried everything possible, from remembering the definitions to searching for the different uncertainties for different measuring instruments, but when I answer past paper questions I always seem to get the answers wrong. Please could anyone give me advice on how to do well in this area in the exam since I have no access to resources or even advice in how to advance through since my teachers are really unreliable, and seem to have forgotten this part of the specification. We have only done 2 practicals since we don't have equipment to do the other 4 required for As. I do have the CGP revision guides and I also have the AQA endorsed book, but I feel that remembering definitions isn't enough and I need to do more to actually get marks the questions asked in the exam. Any form of advice or resource materials would be much appreciated.
The exam packs I've assembled here are mostly for OCR, but at the bottom of the page there's one for Edexcel (I know this also isn't your exam board, but bear with me...). At the end of the Edexcel multiple choice pack are a lot of questions related to practical skills.
CCI14052016.jpg can anyone solve question 2 with step by step explanation please?
Original post by garfieldkat
CCI14052016.jpg can anyone solve question 2 with step by step explanation please?

if my m1 is good

the tension is equal to 3g
consider all forces acting on one of the 3kg blocks
all u have is mg acting down and Tension acting up
therefore to be in equilibrium T=3g
t=29.43N

i think lol
Reply 5
Thanks guys all your help has meant a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest