The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello, has anyone got the Edexcel GCSE PE exam tomorrow? If so, maybe we could help each other revise or share resources?
Reply 21
I got 39/50 for my practical, any idea what I need in the exam for a B overall?
Got told by my teacher that I need 96% for an A* overall (combined with my practical and coursework..) so that pretty much killed any motivation i had (which was very little anyway) so i'm literally starting my revision for the first time now, less than 18 hours for the exam HAHA. More focused for my Spanish exam tomorrow instead, since its what I want to do for A-level... any last minute revision tips for this? I have a weird feeling it's going to be very CV and RS based.. don't know anything about these topics jeez.
Reply 23
Predictions
- Postions available in sport
- The Sports Participation Pyramid
- Types of Training
- Heart rates and graphs
- Body Types
- Drugs
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory System (adaptations)

Possible 6 Mark Q's:
- Something to do with upcoming Olympics, e.g. Target Setting and Drugs
- Factors contributing to performance
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Mlb37
I got 39/50 for my practical, any idea what I need in the exam for a B overall?

You will need to get at least 56 on the test for a B
Reply 25
Original post by JlewisM
Predictions
- Postions available in sport
- The Sports Participation Pyramid
- Types of Training
- Heart rates and graphs
- Body Types
- Drugs
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory System (adaptations)

Possible 6 Mark Q's:
- Something to do with upcoming Olympics, e.g. Target Setting and Drugs
- Diet and Performance

Seems like some good predictions. I agree with the fact that the 6 marker might be on the upcoming Olympics and setting targets towards them as exam boards are increasingly becoming more adherent to current topics in today's society.
Reply 26
In my practical element for this subject, I got 48/50. My teacher says that i need only about 59/80 for an A* so luckily I can afford to drop more marks, not to say i will on purpose! This will be helpful as the exam has been getting increasingly harder over the years.

Just try your best for whatever grade your aiming for and hopefully you will get your aspirational grade
Original post by JlewisM
You will need to get at least 56 on the test for a B

Do u know how I can work out my practical grade ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I can never seem to finish the paper/write quick enough!! always happens with English as well but I sometimes only manage to scrape 1 mark out of the last 6 marker as I run out of time. any tips for order of the questions to get them all done? or tips on writing faster lol, would be appreciated :smile:))
Reply 29
If i start revision now can i finish the course by around 11pm?
Reply 30
Original post by lottixo
I can never seem to finish the paper/write quick enough!! always happens with English as well but I sometimes only manage to scrape 1 mark out of the last 6 marker as I run out of time. any tips for order of the questions to get them all done? or tips on writing faster lol, would be appreciated :smile:))

Multiple choice should only take about 8 minutes and you should leave at least 30 minutes at the end for the essay questions to allow yourself to plan.
Reply 31
Original post by lottixo

Do the 6 markers first, as long as you know how to do them (don't waste time thinking about it if you do it first). This way you wont get burnt out right at the end and miss out on vital marks as you will have smaller questions to answer. Also, it is 1hr 30mins so don't rush, there is plenty of time!
Reply 32
Original post by JRT123
If i start revision now can i finish the course by around 11pm?

Yes but make sure you get some good sleep!
Original post by lottixo

Thats weird. From experience, everyone sitting the exam in my school finishes with a good half hour to spare. HAH.
Reply 34
My p.e theory exam is tomorrow and i need 621 marks out of 80 to hit my forecast. Any suggestions on what the 6 markers will be on?
Reply 35
Original post by H.l_xoxx
My p.e theory exam is tomorrow and i need 621 marks out of 80 to hit my forecast. Any suggestions on what the 6 markers will be on?

621? Either being sarcastic or you mean 62 or 61.
Reply 36
I meant 61 out of 80. Loooll

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does everyone revise PE anyway??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Revising past papers and that at the moment man! For the exam, I think there will be big marks to be awarded on drugs, initiatives and respiratory system!
Reply 39
Same here,im worried about the wording of the question and the mark scheme for the past papers i have done so far a so subjective. Good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest