Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what to do with my life

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

First of all, I'm at the breaking point where I think why I chose health and social.

A bit of background, I am Asian so I have to pick a subject that I can do to make my family happy. With that I am the oldest so I have to be a good role model for them. I didn't get the best exam results at GCSE last year, which is why I'm doing health and social care level 2 with alongside maths.
    With health and social care I can do many jobs, I'm a creative person i like fashion etc. I like caring but the workload seem to much for me and it hard typing this as I don't know who to talk to as I feel as they will judge me. I am quite a loner and don't have a lot of friends. can someone help me?
    P.s i want to go uni that is for sure

If health and social care is something you want to do then you should pursue it, no matter of the workload. I understand that you have to do something your family would like (I'm asian too), it will require hard work but I'm sure you'll manage it. It means you can go into a range of careers.

It's okay to not have many friends, a lot of people don't, but try to get to know people on your course as it will help you when it comes to exams and coursework questions that you might have. Even if it means you just talk about the course, I'm sure there's others in the same position as you.

You need to get used to the work load to be honest and learn how to cope with having to do work. Because I'm sorry to say it, if you struggle to cope with the workload of level 2 health and social care you simply won't cut it at university. Where the stakes are a lot higher and the work is a lot harder.

You also need to speak to an academic supervisor or a careers advisor. You don't seem to know very much about career progression and what is needed.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.