The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mdc23
I had two Phone Interviews for MS, Summer S&T, test completed on September the 4th. Since I had one interview on Friday and one yesterday, I am wondering whether it is all first round or not (I guess so but when I asked the second interviewer about what's next he answered "I think next step is AC) plus I was interviewed by two EDs, I am not sure if this happens all the time but I was expecting Analysts/Associates. :biggrin:

Final question to those who had phone interviews with MS: do you know how long do I have to wait before they say whether I have access to the next round or not ?

The interviews for S&T are quite technical of course so review your FI/Derivatives/Equity stuff :biggrin:

I think this is my issue lol, that's why they can't find me two EDs
Original post by gman888
How long after submitting you app did you get you test invite. I applied for markets too but its been 7 days and no test invite..

About 10 days I think
prince, what do you think about moelis vs citi ? personally, in the US it'd be a no brainer i'm an absolute fan of the DBL people but in EMEA?
Original post by savonarollla
prince, what do you think about moelis vs citi ? personally, in the US it'd be a no brainer i'm an absolute fan of the DBL people but in EMEA?

Think it's a case of whether you want the advantages of an elite boutique (leaner teams, more exposure to senior bankers, more responsibility, steeper learning curve, more 'nimble' etc) or a BB (more people your age to banter around with, greater network globally, more general name brand recognition, balance sheet for financing deals etc.).

Both great options, regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Think it's a case of whether you want the advantages of an elite boutique (leaner teams, more exposure to senior bankers, more responsibility, steeper learning curve, more 'nimble' etc) or a BB (more people your age to banter around with, greater network globally, more general name brand recognition, balance sheet for financing deals etc.).

Both great options, regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another way to approach this would be to think in terms of Grad recruitment: find decent brandname with highest chances to convert then re-apply for grads next summer.

but it's tough to know these things.
Anyone done HSBC markets 1st round interview?
Original post by mdc23
I had two Phone Interviews for MS, Summer S&T, test completed on September the 4th. Since I had one interview on Friday and one yesterday, I am wondering whether it is all first round or not (I guess so but when I asked the second interviewer about what's next he answered "I think next step is AC) plus I was interviewed by two EDs, I am not sure if this happens all the time but I was expecting Analysts/Associates. :biggrin:

Final question to those who had phone interviews with MS: do you know how long do I have to wait before they say whether I have access to the next round or not ?

The interviews for S&T are quite technical of course so review your FI/Derivatives/Equity stuff :biggrin:

I had both of mine on the same day, one after the other haha - they were both ED's as well. MS must have cut a lot of people from the process already, as each applicant is ~ 75 minutes of ED's time. We should find out pretty soonish I think, probably next week.
Original post by gsbs2
have people had the video interview for Goldman IBD?

Nope, applied for IBD.
Deutsche Bank CEO just announced an impending hiring freeze - is that going to impact us? :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had Barclays Trading & Structuring telephone interview?
Is anybody here applying for Equity Research at all?
Anyone some last minute insights on HSBC Global Markets AC?

Original post by mandeepsangha

yes, a lot of people are
Original post by Commercial Paper
Deutsche Bank CEO just announced an impending hiring freeze - is that going to impact us? :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes def.

Original post by mandeepsangha

doubt that but don't hesitate if you a specific question
Has anyone heard back after MS first round interview for IBD?
For those of you that went to the Centerview Partners networking event, did anything come out of that as a result? Interview, offer, rejection, etc?

Also, does anyone know what the process is with Dartmouth Partners? Is it two interviews and then an offer?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by photinia2013
Anyone had Barclays Trading & Structuring telephone interview?

me. and it fked me in the ass
Original post by volatilityskew2
me. and it fked me in the ass

Was it very technical?
Original post by photinia2013
Was it very technical?

no it was like all competency based I was asked one single market question at the end. contrast to my RBC interview where we talked about markets a lot.
Tips for career fairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got gleacher shacklock interview on the 2nd of november?

I feel like im only person thats applied there -.-. Is the firm really that bad or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending