The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

on credit suisse careers website about section it says their core businesses are pwm and ibd and goes through all the support offices, but doesnt touch on markets - safe to assume they wont hire many s+t people???
Original post by Commercial Paper
I think UBS got rid of the logical test this year, probably because people kept failing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

MS has one for s+t *cries*
Original post by olly_price
RBC Capital Markets opened today.

i'm honestly not sure whether to bother applying to rbc
Original post by jchap9776
MS has one for s+t *cries*

Are the S&T apps open for MS yet? Last I checked (today), they were still only available for HK/NYC?
Original post by Deltasierra27
Does anyone know what BlackRock's 'virtual cover letter invitation' is about? It doesn't seem to be a link to upload a cover letter because when I sign in, it has a button with 'Start Interview' on it? What is this? Is this a video interview? If so, why is even called a 'virtual cover letter'?

I was highly confused as well.

I think its similar to a fit based interview via video.

Which divisions did you apply to ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by juventus100
What do you guys think of the competitiveness for grad roles in risk or ops for BB/MM? Is it like for FO where its practically impossible to get a grad position as they've hired most people already from summers or do you have a chance if you have a decent uni and work experience?

anyone got info on this?
Does anyone know what BlackRock's 'virtual cover letter invitation' is about? It doesn't seem to be a link to upload a cover letter because when I sign in, it has a button with 'Start Interview' on it? What is this? Is this a video interview? If so, why is even called a 'virtual cover letter'?

It is essentially a video interview, they use this instead of numerical tests.

Source: Blackrock HR

Original post by alexjones1994
How you find the test? I answered all the questions but guess on two :/. Hoping for 15/16.
I cant recall how i did, i try to not be optimistic about these things, helps soften the blow when i get rejected haha, but from what I can remember, I managed to finish it, with only guessing 1 or 2 answers too. If we haven't got an automatic rejection already (i did mine around 2 weeks ago), surely we must have passed?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does UBS definitely not have a logical test anymore? If so, I'll probably apply. Is it cover letter or motivational questions for the application?

Thanks
Original post by polecon
Does UBS definitely not have a logical test anymore? If so, I'll probably apply. Is it cover letter or motivational questions for the application?

Thanks

No CV or CL, just questions. You have to enter your work experience manually (I think only your top three) and then answer four questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that?
Is MS just numerical or do they send you more if you pass the numerical?
Original post by polecon

Thanks

numerical only
Original post by JimbobJam
Is MS just numerical or do they send you more if you pass the numerical?

just numerical
Reply 1133

why?
Original post by ib101
why?

Poverty market share (<1%)
Original post by Turing

Still a decent bank, still doing the same stuff, still getting paid well.. and you can always move up the food chain if you're good, or stick around if you make money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turing

i mean for those looking for a long term career in banking,

start at rbc, lateral over to a better bank, repeat, repeat, and eventually you'll find that you are in a pretty dam good position.
Are the S&T apps open for MS yet? Last I checked (today), they were still only available for HK/NYC?

Pretty sure I submitted a London one but maybe I ****ed up, better start learning Cantonese
Pretty sure I submitted a London one but maybe I ****ed up, better start learning Cantonese

don't even need canto for s&t in HK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olly_price
Why is that?

Original post by ib101
why?

Don't get me wrong, it's still ib - but I go to a target and if I only got RBC it'd be seen as little better than selling butties at greggs. Plus I already tasted BB on my spring week, it's moreish.
Plus in reference to an earlier comment, not sure I want a long term career in banking chasing the name for my cv that gets me in a better job
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply