The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by juventus100
have you looked at the positions available online? I can only see 2 roles available - 'banking off cycle internship' and 'quant analytics off cycle'.

Do you know whether they are doing separate IBD vs S&T positions or is everything bundled into the 'banking off cycle internship' and we just apply for that lol

I think Banking refers to IBD, and S&T is normally listed separately under Trading I believe. If it is not listed, then it normally means they are not hiring, but perhaps someone else can confirm.
Original post by Commercial Paper
I think Banking refers to IBD, and S&T is normally listed separately under Trading I believe. If it is not listed, then it normally means they are not hiring, but perhaps someone else can confirm.

Think they split S&T into Sales, Trading, Structuring etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katuok
Even if you haven't applied since last year? Which banks state that? I have only seen it for Credit Suisse

And even CS won't reject you without comparing the two profiles and seeing if they're actually duplicates.
hmm...i guess they aren't doing s+t off cycle then....they have the option to apply in their descriptions link for each division but only 'banking off cycle' comes up in available positions
Original post by Turing
Definitely get them sent off in September. It's not worth delaying them just in the hope some person will fast track your application to first round interview. If you're a good candidate (plenty of experience/things to talk about and good course/university etc) you'll make it through to the first round interview usually. You can always network throughout October and then name drop in interviews/assessment centres.

so you are saying its necessary to network to advance through later rounds? if so, how tf I network, because apart from sending off a bunch of cold messages who pretty much everybody ignores I have no idea
Rejection from Lazard post-tests. Here it goes...
Reply 1506
Morgan Stanley auto rejection if failed tests?
Reply 1507
Original post by Commercial Paper
What did people in final year decide to do about Barclays? Summer or off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also can't decide. I can go for one commencing in March only which means I'll have to compete with summer interns who will finish slightly before me. Also one guy at Barclays said to me that off-cycle should be done only if you can't do summer cause summer is the major source of ft analysts, but competition for off-cycle would be much lower...
Anyone done the Barclays online interview? What is it like?
Just got a test invite from DB.

I assume it is 18 questions from the posts above. Anyone know the cut off point? I am pretty convinced I got 8/12 in the PWC test but still didnt pass..
Original post by Proflash

I assume it is 18 questions from the posts above. Anyone know the cut off point? I am pretty convinced I got 8/12 in the PWC test but still didnt pass..

13/18 I would say.
How long does Credit Suisse take to send tests? Been 24 hours and still have not got mine :frown:
Original post by Amelia_123
How long does Credit Suisse take to send tests? Been 24 hours and still have not got mine :frown:

I got mine immediately

How long did it take after you submitted your application? People have said 3 days but others have said 1
Original post by Dante991
How long did it take after you submitted your application? People have said 3 days but others have said 1

1 day. I am pretty skeptical on whether they reviewed it or if its an auto reply to the tests. I applied for the grad programme in case that be the reason.
1 day. I am pretty skeptical on whether they reviewed it or if its an auto reply to the tests. I applied for the grad programme in case that be the reason.

DB always does a quick review before sending tests..
Is BAML IBD not open?
Original post by S_12345
Is BAML IBD not open?

Apparently it's not... S&T is closed as well.
Does anybody put GCSEs down?
Does Barclays reject straight after the tests (first round)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending