The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

hey guys, how did you answer "How does RBC differentiate itself from its competitors?" question? I don't see any benefit of repeating some BS from its website.
Original post by wakawakawaka
Does it look out of place if i don't mention first year grades on my CV, and is it ok to say 2:1 expected on applications for summer internships (do they check?). I had extenuating circumstances

you can say 2:1 expected in application since you are not graduated yet, but it looks a bit odd not putting your GPA in your CV
Original post by wakawakawaka
Does it look out of place if i don't mention first year grades on my CV, and is it ok to say 2:1 expected on applications for summer internships (do they check?). I had extenuating circumstances

Just say 2:1 (expected) on your CV too
If they ask for your 1st year grade in applications then perhaps you can add in the additional info box (usually at the end of the application form online) your extenuating circumstances affecting your 1st year grades
Original post by Commercial Paper
What did you apply for out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sales :O
Original post by paulpierce94
What about Citi's numerical test? I applied last tuesday but haven't received anything yet

Same boat here buddy, applied for the same role. Hopefully, they'll get a move on this week, as i know they screen apps before sending out the tests.
Anyone did Barclays' video interview? Is it the same provider as last year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yulia32
Anyone did Barclays' video interview? Is it the same provider as last year?

how long it took you to get video interview invite after submitting BJT?
c. 10min, applied for summer internship in Banking (London)

Anyone know what to expect?
Original post by yulia32
c. 10min, applied for summer internship in Banking (London)

Anyone know what to expect?

lube up your *******, ready for an anal penetration. Barclays second test is... Strange. Like the first test but on steroids.
Original post by alexjones1994
lube up your *******, ready for an anal penetration. Barclays second test is... Strange. Like the first test but on steroids.

Haha okay. But what's the form of it? Only video-recorded replies to some random strength-based/competency-based questions?
Am I right in thinking that for Citi, you can apply for multiple roles as long as they are in the same division?

i.e. for investment banking, you can apply for placement, summer and full-time?

The FAQs seem to give the impression this is the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied to/know the confirm application process for Goldman Securities this year?
Original post by yulia32
Haha okay. But what's the form of it? Only video-recorded replies to some random strength-based/competency-based questions?

Take a load of **** and throw it at a fan. Thats the test.

Basically its the first test and what u just mentioned combined. ie carries on from a business situation. Can't really prep for it.
Original post by alexjones1994
Take a load of **** and throw it at a fan. Thats the test.

Basically its the first test and what u just mentioned combined. ie carries on from a business situation. Can't really prep for it.

Thank you! seems like another painful hour to go through...
Last question: how long does the test last?
Reply 1894
Hey guys,
I'm a mathmo going into my second year and I recently decided to apply for an IBD internship next summer. I have very limited knowledge of finance as of now so is it better to educate myself and apply a couple weeks down the line or apply now and try to cram everything in? i.e. would I get a lot of technical questions very early on in the application process?
Original post by FiiL
I had 5 days to do the Barclays' business insight stage 1 and after 4 it said my time has expired?!

Does someone have the HR email address? Have been searching on their website but could not find it.

Original post by Mcstyle94
Same problem for me. maybe it's just a temporary technical issue

Same here.
Original post by yulia32
Thank you! seems like another painful hour to go through...
Last question: how long does the test last?

Like 30 minutes ish? Depends how quickly you go through it :P.
Original post by masterllecker
Not getting that Barclays video invite either..Were my answers those of a self-entitled prick or is it simply sunday and HR is out on a bbq doing ket?

Probably both.
Original post by Turing
Probably both.

I am afraid we all didn't pass and will get rejection soon since people who got invites did so almost immediately after first test
I just completed the 2nd stage of Barclays, with the 'video interview'. The video part is only like 2 questions, with other types of questions involved. I think I probably messed up, because it was totally unexpected. If anyone wants to know about it before doing it, private message me.

Those of you, who haven't received an invite, I wouldn't worry, you will get one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending