The Student Room Group

Got a bit of a dilema! What should I do?

Ok, to get an A in psychology I need 79/120 in my last exam, and to get a B in it I need 19/120.

However, I dunno whever to focus on that or concentrate on my english literature, because I feel there's a chance I might not get the B I want in English.

So should I go for the A in psychology or focus on ensuring I get a B in all my subjects? I really dunno what to do.
Reply 1
You going to Uni? If so, base it on the grades. I'd concentrate on English as you may do a lot better than 19. Why is the grade boundary so wide.
Reply 2
im in a similar situation however the grades are lower lol

i need 21 for a c but i do aqa history which is really stressing me out so im concentrating on that more than psycho
stanmoor
You going to Uni? If so, base it on the grades. I'd concentrate on English as you may do a lot better than 19. Why is the grade boundary so wide.

Because it's my last exam and there's 60 marks between each boundry right?

I am going to uni but it kinda works out the same. I need 300 points, so that would be BBB or ABC, so it's like what is better, an A in psychology and a C in english lit, or a B in both. I dunno which to focus on.
Reply 4
grade boundry is wide because you need 420 for a B and 480 for a C overall these are Ums grades, its not actually 79 out of 120 on the paper its what she needs to finish on an A
If it doesn't matter for uni and you don't have any personal preference, ie whether you'd prefer ABC or BBB, you could just focus equally on both?
Reply 6
when are the exams?
Reply 7
Oh yeh and in psychology for your raw marks you only need 50/94 for an A bet thats put a smile on ya face!
Reply 8
Calum_Magatchu for the psychology one you will only need to roughly achieve a mid C in that exam to achieve that A overall...... as to get a B in that exam you will need 52ish/90 RAW marks (varies year to year) this would give you 84/120 UMS giving you those points you need. For a B in that you can just get an E in that exam and you would walk out with the marks which is about 37/94

Hope that helps

Latest