The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mm_7
do you think that depth will be as hard as todays paper?

Going off the bs paper I got for my mock for depth I'm guessing harder.
Original post by mm_7
do you think that depth will be as hard as todays paper?

I think it will be slightly harder because they didnt ask anything on quantum or materials- they could have two experiment questions to do with Young Modulus or Planck's Constant... thats what I'm predicting
Any clue on grade boundaries since in the old spec around 70% was an A so with a new spec and tricky questions I'm guessing it won't be high. Probably around 60% to 70%?
something about the braking distance, graph does not pass the original why error does not affect value something how did you guys explain that
Reply 304
i think there will be moments and projectile motion on depth also since it was not on the breadth
Original post by Parhomus
Any clue on grade boundaries since in the old spec around 70% was an A so with a new spec and tricky questions I'm guessing it won't be high. Probably around 60% to 70%?

Only asking because I need a high A like above 90ums and I made a couple silly mistakes.
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
I think it will be slightly harder because they didnt ask anything on quantum or materials- they could have two experiment questions to do with Young Modulus or Planck's Constant... thats what I'm predicting

😭😭🔫 I found this difficult and the fact that the next one is harder 😭 Wow.. there goes my AS grade
did everyone find it difficult or is it just me?
Grade Boundary Prediction?
Original post by whyyy
how did did you do the density question can someone explain please?

Work out the weight of water displaced (9.0-7.8) = 1.2N

Calculate the volume of water displaced: ((1.2/9.81))/1000 = 1.22324159x10^-4

This is equal to the volume of the whole object submerged.

Calculate the density of the object: ((9.0/9.81)/1.223324159x10^-4

That equals density = 7500kgm^-3
Original post by chenhao96
something about the braking distance, graph does not pass the original why error does not affect value something how did you guys explain that

because the gradient tells you the acceleration and as all the values changed by the same amount, gradient is unaffected, so value for acceleration is unaffected.
Original post by mm_7
😭😭🔫 I found this difficult and the fact that the next one is harder 😭 Wow.. there goes my AS grade

Trust, it will actually not be that bad. I also predict percentage uncertainties and drawing graphs will come up as well. Just try to focus on getting these things all ok and learn the experiments, it will actually not be too bad.

I found the multiple choice harder than the rest of the paper!
Trust, it will actually not be that bad. I also predict percentage uncertainties and drawing graphs will come up as well. Just try to focus on getting these things all ok and learn the experiments, it will actually not be too bad.

I found the multiple choice harder than the rest of the paper!

Same! I guessed 10 out of the 20 questions!
How did you think you did overall?
Original post by mm_7
Grade Boundary Prediction?

I think 54/70 for A
47/70 for B
40/70 for C
33/70 for D
Reply 314
I got 78.2 m/s

I got 6.8 aswell but a lot of people got 78.2:/
Same, how many silly mistakes do you think you made? I know I made a few marks worth and have probably lost marks elsewhere (e.g. how to get that third mark for the LED question)...
Does anyone remember the multiple choice uncertainty question? It was like +- 0.1 and +-0.4? What was the rest of the numbers?
I think 54/70 for A
47/70 for B
40/70 for C
33/70 for D

I honestly think I got less than 30 ..
Original post by mm_7
Same! I guessed 10 out of the 20 questions!
How did you think you did overall?

I made some stupid mistakes for multiple choice like the second one: Work done against gravity- I used perpendicular distance thinking it was moments but it was in the direction of force... damn.

But overall, i think Ive done alright, not too bad

how about you?
a mcq about voltage halved what happen to the velocity of the electron

Quick Reply

Latest