The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZacS
I think it was C because when it crossed the zero line again that means is accelerating towards the ground and at D it hit the ground

Original post by maryamkhawaja
it said max displ after it bounces once.

I agree that it was C. It was the only logical answer. The max displacement is always going to be when the velocity is 0.
it said max displ after it bounces once.

Isn't that point B then where it was negative since at 0 it means it returned to the original position, I don't know.
Original post by Parhomus
I just wrote measure mass on scale. W=mg , A =pid^2/4 then P=W/A. To make it more precise I said repeat the measurement and average it.

That's exactly what I put, but I'm not sure whether they wanted us to talk about using a newtonmeter thingymuboby.
Isn't that point B then where it was negative since at 0 it means it returned to the original position, I don't know.

I put that Aswell because A was where it bounced first
Question paper pdf anyone pleaseeee!
how?

I believe I used the wavelength to find the frequency (assuming v = 3 x 10^8)
I then used E=hf to find the total energy and divided this value by the energy of one electron (1.602 x 10^-19J)
I cant completely remember but I think this is what I did
what were the other opts?

18 mW was another option I guessed B (12 mW)
Reply 387
I got 7520 for the density because I rounded early, will that drop me marks?
Original post by richpanda
I agree that it was C. It was the only logical answer. The max displacement is always going to be when the velocity is 0.

How many marks do you think I'll lose if i forgot the negative sign in the momentum question (how many marks was that question?) Also how many marks was the mean drift velocity question, do u think?
Original post by flamingllama
I believe I used the wavelength to find the frequency (assuming v = 3 x 10^8)
I then used E=hf to find the total energy and divided this value by the energy of one electron (1.602 x 10^-19J)
I cant completely remember but I think this is what I did

Don't u just divide the power by the energy per photon since power is energy per second.
i forgot to convert units for the density question and left in in kg/cm3 how many marks would that lose
Reply 391
Such a weird paper...
Original post by alex19678
i forgot to convert units for the density question and left in in kg/cm3 how many marks would that lose

1 or maybe 2 at the very most
Was it just me that thought the multiple choice questions were the hardest part of the paper?
Original post by AccountingHelp
1 or maybe 2 at the very most

how many marks was it worth?
Don't u just divide the power by the energy per photon since power is energy per second.

It was 3 marks wasn't it?
They generally only give one or two marks if a question has so few steps
(I could be incorrect though)
Reply 396
Where can we get the model answers or smth for this paper

also when
Original post by flamingllama
It was 3 marks wasn't it?
They generally only give one or two marks if a question has so few steps
(I could be incorrect though)

I think you will get the marks for what you got as energy per photon but since photons and electrons have a one to one interaction you couldn't divide it by elementary charge. Probs 2/3
Original post by Mizzeeboy
what did you guys get for the drift velocity of the electrons I got some crazy answer of 10^7 but couldn't see where I went wrong?

i got summin like dat aswell
i got 10^-something i cant remember but i got the number density to be 1.33x10^something

Quick Reply

Latest