Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Share general lessons from your faith that everyone can benefit from!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
    20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.
    21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and darkened in their foolish hearts.…

In the book of Romans (1 v 20) we understand why people are blind to God. It is no surprise man hardens his heart towards God and therefore is robbed of understanding how majestic all of creation is and how it shows God's divine power and creativity.

God makes it very simple, He says look at my creation and see me in it, its very plain so you are without excuse.

God rescued me from the grave, and now my life is filled with light. Job 33 v 28.

I love this verse because it resonates with my spirit. Before meeting God my life was already in the grave.

I was dead to life, living but dead. This doesn't mean I was unhappy but I never realised that I had spiritual blinkers on. Once I accepted God and connected with the Holy Spirit the blinkers came off and everything abut life looked clearer and brighter and fresher.

Life isn't just about the life we live now, the here and now, on this earth. How empty and meaningless would that be, the struggles, the sacrifices, the pain, basically sometimes just the effort.

Life is about living life with light and being brought out of darkness. The light illuminates my path and leads me to a new life. I walk in the light of eternity now.

Eternity starts the immediate moment you realise God loves you and reached down to us to draw us to Him.

It goes well with a New Testament verse which says Jesus is the light of the world and that no one comes to the Father except through Him.

Who wants to live in the dark? Live in colour, not monotone

Being a Christian doesn't bring an automatic right to have an easy life, in fact you could say the reverse is true.

Believing in Jesus means your life will be open to ridicule and in some cases attack.

But, this isn't anything new. We only have to search history and the New Testament to see the same has happened for centuries.

Looking just at the life of Paul. He had a life of high human value before he met with Jesus, a chief persecutor of Christians, it would be fair to say he hated them. In Acts 9 we read

"... But Saul, still breathing threats and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest, and asked for letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. As he travelled, it happened that he got close to Damascus, and suddenly a light from the sky shone around him.
    He fell on the earth, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
    He said, "Who are you, Lord?" The Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise up, and enter into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

The men who travelled with him stood speechless, hearing the sound, but seeing no one. Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened, he saw no one. They led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. He was without sight for three days, and neither ate nor drank. ..............

verse 15....... But the Lord said to him, "Go your way, for he is my chosen vessel to bear my name before the nations and kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name's sake.........."

Saul, later Paul was saved by Jesus, someone who couldn't in the human sense be more opposed to Christians.

His accounts in the New Testament go on to show us how salvation isn't the easy path to take.

Paul was stoned and left for dead in (Acts 14:19)
    Paul continually struggled with sin (Rom 7:15-25)
    Some of the many trials Paul faced.were he was put in prison many times, flogged and beaten uncounted number of times, he faced death, had 39 lashes from the Jews 5 times and was beaten with rods 3 times. He was shipwrecked 3 times spending a day and night in the sea, lived in danger robbers as he travelled, was in danger from false believers, he was in pain often, imprisoned, chained, hungry and thirsty.

Did he have an easy life? Did he turn from God during his sufferings and trials? No.

Without this example and his writings the word of God wouldn't have been recorded and with us today. It would be much easier to not have been a Christian.

Another lesson earned from the life of Paul is how much the devil tried to stop him from delivering God's message. If the message wasn't true why would he bother with this one individual.....

(Original post by dozyrosie)
    From a Christian perspective the condoning of slavery is telling, especially as it is not just about YHWH but also about Jesus who has been with YHWH since the beginning. In fact slave owning Christians used the Bible to show that it was a worthy and Godly thing to do. Of course we don't do that kind of thing anymore unless we are Yemeni.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

See all them scientists are wrong about the big bang being right the Earth is as old as the universe and YHWH created it.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

See all them scientists are wrong about the big bang being right the Earth is as old as the universe and YHWH created it.
    Stop hijacking the thread.

This is the first verse of the Bible, how dare you tell me not to post from my Christian book, we Christians are not to be suppressed, we have rights too.
    You're pathetic. Clearly you were mocking Christianity, which on a thread like this is inappropriate. Create a new thread in the debate section if you wish to argue about Creationism vs science.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.