The Student Room Group

University of Manchester vs King's College London vs University of Birmingham for CS

Hi guys... I have offers from all three universities but I am unsure which one I should choose. I'd like to hear opinions about these universities overall and about the computer science course. I'm not from UK so I don't really know how well-regarded these universities are in UK and around the world, and I know that league tables don't tell the whole truth. I would be very grateful for any help.
Original post by oao
Hi guys... I have offers from all three universities but I am unsure which one I should choose. I'd like to hear opinions about these universities overall and about the computer science course. I'm not from UK so I don't really know how well-regarded these universities are in UK and around the world, and I know that league tables don't tell the whole truth. I would be very grateful for any help.

Have you started by comparing the course content? Which course enthuses you the most?
Reply 2
Original post by Juxtapose
Have you started by comparing the course content? Which course enthuses you the most?

Yeah I have looked at each university's course content and I really like that Manchester gives students lots of freedom to choose the courses they want to study. Other thing I like about Manchester is that they use and teach using Linux at the university. I'm not sure about whether the other two use Linux, but at least I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere...
Reply 3
They're all really similar imo, KCL maybe slightly weaker in terms of rep but then the location will easily make up for it in terms of networking so it's a tough one
Reply 4
Hello all,

I wonder if you'd be interested in signing this petition against the raising of university fees above 9 grand a year:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/130519

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending