Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Foundation year progress/ course change

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I've nearly completed my foundation year at uni and ready to progress onto my first year of Uni.

    The dilemma I am in is that originally I applied for mechanical engineering with foundation year (4 years), however at my university they place all the the science foundation year engineering under one course code - Aerospace (4 years). The uni says I can progress onto any engineering course after that.

    So before the year started I changed the course code from 'mechanical engineering with foundation year' to 'Aerospace engineering with foundation year' realising now that might have been a mistake as it means I would need to change it again. Also, from what I heard it may affect my future entitlement to student finance.

    The course I want to go on is the BEng Mechanical engineering with placement (4 years), I was wondering how I would need to re-apply. do I need to send some sort of letter? and if so stating what.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.