The Student Room Group

How important is Short Course Religious Education?

Tomorrow I have my AQA Short Course Religious Education GCSE and I am wondering, How much of a difference will it make to my University Application?
The most important question is "How important is Religious Education?", and the answer is "not at all". Do something worthwhile.
Reply 2
No difference at all. Universities usually want A-C in maths and english. I have an A in short course RE and I haven't needed it in the 5 years I've had it
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dawud84
Tomorrow I have my AQA Short Course Religious Education GCSE and I am wondering, How much of a difference will it make to my University Application?

Well university's will be interested in say how many A*'s you get altogether. I would say that you should work hard revising for it today. And then see what happens
Reply 4
Its not important but if all your grades are like As/A* and you get a D its not going to look too good
Reply 5
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Well university's will be interested in say how many A*'s you get altogether. I would say that you should work hard revising for it today. And then see what happens

I have been revising for a good two and a half weeks but have lost some will and determination due to some of the things I have heard people say about Religious Education in general. For example, 'It is not important....'. I am hoping to get an A* and will continue to do Past Papers for tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.
Reply 6
Original post by Dawud84
I have been revising for a good two and a half weeks but have lost some will and determination due to some of the things I have heard people say about Religious Education in general. For example, 'It is not important....'. I am hoping to get an A* and will continue to do Past Papers for tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I am doing the same course as you. However, i am year ten and am doing the full GCSE (so long course included!) I have my end of year exam on it tomorrow, I am sure that you will get an A*. Tbh at the end of the day RE probably isn't that important, but it would look good on your personal statement to have achieved an A* though. Plus, I think it shows that you can argue well and put across your points concisely.

I do past papers also, and then go over and double check the points which I cannot remember. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest