Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Pdge Teaching

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm unsure if anyone will be able to help me but after speaking to 10 different universities all over he country I still have no definite answers. Basically I really want to become a primary school teacher, this is the only career I want. I left school 5 years ago and to be honest didn't do entirely well. I left with no higher a just some intermidate 2 results. I went to college to do a fashion course when I realised that I need an actual career (no offence to anyone studying fashion but it wasn't the career for me) I think went to complete a HND in retail management and then from this went to uni to do international retail marketing- which I have just graduated from last year. I left with an ordinary degree as I got a good job within a large bank. Alas I hate my job within the bank and have looked into PDGE teaching. I'm studying national 5 maths and higher English and I'm also doing voluntary work within my local school around my days off. Right now I don't have much of a life as I'm doing everything I can to get into teaching but am I now a lost cause for the course due to my results? I can't resit these results in any college because I now have a degree so I'm paying a lot of money to resit my national 5 maths and English. I would really appreciate if someone could offer me some advice? Thank you!

I'm in the same position. Did u ever get on the teacher training course?

(Original post by fjeff)
    I'm in the same position. Did u ever get on the teacher training course?
    Im in the middle of applying for 2017 intake
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.