The Student Room Group

Changing career path from Education to Business for Masters?

I start the third year of my undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education Studies BA (Hons) this September. I started this degree with the hope of going on to complete a PGCE in Primary Education but I have lost interest and teaching is not something that I want to pursue. I know there are other fields related to children that I can go into with this degree (social work, play therapy, etc), however, I am much more interested in going into business management.

I have looked at the masters degrees available at my current university and none of them require previous experience and the entry requirements specify a 2:2 or higher in any discipline. The two that I'm most interested in are: International MBA or Management and International Business (MSc), however, I'm worried that I will struggle writing a personal statement with my lack of experience.

I'm a parent and have not had the time to work during my current degree, though I have completed block placements these were related to children. I am currently looking for a customer facing role that will hopefully help me gain more work experience and develop my interpersonal skills to support my application, my question is what other opportunities could I explore to add to my experience? I am happy to volunteer but I am unsure where to look and what I'm looking for, and if there is anything else I could get involved in that would be useful?

Sorry for the long post!
Original post by Cao1312

Both courses will simply be after your money, so with a recent degree there won't be a problem getting an offer. There's nothing significant you can do to add to your application in the time available. Afterwards though, the MBA will be pretty worthless to employers without about 5 years professional experience, so the MSc will look better on a CV.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift

Afterwards though, the MBA will be pretty worthless to employers without about 5 years professional experience, so the MSc will look better on a CV.

^this

And most respectable MBA programmes won't admit you unless you have 3+ years professional working.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending