The Student Room Group

year 12 with a year 9

Is this okay, can I get into trouble, basically I've been friends with this girl for a long time, we help each other with personal issues we both have(mental) anyway, I was a bit tipsy and said she was pretty, she replied "No I'm not you aren't attracted to me" So I said that she was pretty, sexy and understanding.
Now she told her friend who messaged me saying I should be careful because I am 17 and she is 14, now, can I get into trouble for this?

Is it okay if I want her as a girlfriend?
Original post by Anonymous
Is this okay, can I get into trouble, basically I've been friends with this girl for a long time, we help each other with personal issues we both have(mental) anyway, I was a bit tipsy and said she was pretty, she replied "No I'm not you aren't attracted to me" So I said that she was pretty, sexy and understanding.
Now she told her friend who messaged me saying I should be careful because I am 17 and she is 14, now, can I get into trouble for this?

Is it okay if I want her as a girlfriend?

No. First she isn't even legal. Second, you're at different stages in your life. You might think three years isnt that much, and further on it wouldnt be, but theres a big difference between a 17 year old and a 14 year old. You're basically an adult and shes still in her teens, three years will make her a different person.
You can be charged with statutory rape OP. If you are honestly having to question whether you'll get in trouble or not, then it is EVIDENT that your relationship with this CHILD (yes.. child) is highly inappropriate. There are reasons why these laws exist, and it is to protect children from manipulation and grooming. 3 years may not seem like much but you are at the cusp of adulthood, probably preparing to go to uni and thinking about what you want to do in the future. She, on the other hand is only in year 9. She is a kid.

OP, relationships between teens and adults are a catalyst for long term dysfunction. Relationships are always entagled in power dynamics, and in most instances within older person-teenager relationships there is a HUGE power imbalance, which makes the younger party more susceptible to manipulation, grooming etc.

Go out, and look for someone within your age range. Leave this child alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending