The Student Room Group

CCEA - AS History Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunflower17
I have the exact same predictions! Although sometimes the repeat questions from 2-3 years ago despite questions not being asked in ages!!

Think I'm just gonna have to learn my predictions really well and hope for the best because I've left myself with no time to revise properly, plus I still have my grade from last year in this paper if I do awful in my resit ahah!

I have my A2 French exam on Tuesday so I should probably really focus on it
Original post by mho
What do you think will come up for Q2 and Q3?

I'm hoping for 2:
8 marker- downfall of Tsar/Feb Rev
22 marker- Oct rev

For 3:
economy but i'm not sure if it'll be ec aims or successes/weaknesses
Civil war
(I'm hoping culture isnt on it dont have time to learn it)
What do you think
Reply 102
Original post by Bubbles98
I'm hoping for 2:
8 marker- downfall of Tsar/Feb Rev
22 marker- Oct rev

For 3:
economy but i'm not sure if it'll be ec aims or successes/weaknesses
Civil war
(I'm hoping culture isnt on it dont have time to learn it)
What do you think

I was thinking the same for Q2 but I think Q3 will be Bolshevik consolidation of power (8 marker) and Civil War (22 marker).
Don't think culture will come up as it was a 8 marker last year.
Original post by mho
I was thinking the same for Q2 but I think Q3 will be Bolshevik consolidation of power (8 marker) and Civil War (22 marker).
Don't think culture will come up as it was a 8 marker last year.

Wait what comes under bol consolidation of power 🤓🤓
Original post by haannahbee
Think I'm just gonna have to learn my predictions really well and hope for the best because I've left myself with no time to revise properly, plus I still have my grade from last year in this paper if I do awful in my resit ahah!

I have my A2 French exam on Tuesday so I should probably really focus on it

I have my AS french on tuesday and i've done nothing for it!
Any tips ??
Any tips ??

I do French too!! I've done nothing, Been too Busy studying history haha I'm doing everything on Monday night
Original post by sunflower17
I do French too!! I've done nothing, Been too Busy studying history haha I'm doing everything on Monday night

I'm dreading it! I hate french so much now...what will you be doing for it i never know how to revise for languages
Any tips ??

Oh what exam board are you with?? I repeated my AS French with AQA last Tuesday.

I would just try do all the past papers for listening/reading practice and try to sort of learn your grammar, verbs conjugations etc. Do you have to do an essay with your exam board?

I'm probably not the best person to be asking tho saying as I got an E in it last year ahaha, saying that I didn't revise at all for it. Good luck tho! I find languages so difficult at a level compared to GCSE!
Original post by haannahbee
Oh what exam board are you with?? I repeated my AS French with AQA last Tuesday.

I would just try do all the past papers for listening/reading practice and try to sort of learn your grammar, verbs conjugations etc. Do you have to do an essay with your exam board?

I'm probably not the best person to be asking tho saying as I got an E in it last year ahaha, saying that I didn't revise at all for it. Good luck tho! I find languages so difficult at a level compared to GCSE!

I do french with CCEA!!! Yeah we have essay translation reading listening and speaking!!
I got an A* in it last year with no revision and i've been doing so bad it in all year..grammar is my worst nightmare
I do french with CCEA!!! Yeah we have essay translation reading listening and speaking!!
I got an A* in it last year with no revision and i've been doing so bad it in all year..grammar is my worst nightmare

Yea I got an A at GCSE with AQA French with no revision and ended up with an E at as with no revision, my paper last year was dreadful tho so hopefully you'll have a nice paper!

I know the grammar is awful, but I'd deffos say to try and familiarise yourself with it as much as possible! Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!!
Does anyone have a list of Weaknesses and Failures of the Provisional Government? I missed the teaching for this and sometimes get the weaknesses and failures mixed up :smile:
Original post by DanBing
Does anyone have a list of Weaknesses and Failures of the Provisional Government? I missed the teaching for this and sometimes get the weaknesses and failures mixed up :smile:

Weaknesses:
'Provisional'- never meant to last, even saw itself as a temporary body
Unelected therefore no authority in contrast to the Petrograd Soviet
Further weakened by having to share power with PS (dual authority) who grew more powerful from 1917
Another difficulty was the fact it was a conservative gov with a variety of pol views. As a result struggled to make laws for fear of splitting and it was therefore reluctant to pass any major legislation until war was over and elections held

Mistakes:
It failed to introduce land reforms or elections. This helped boost bol popularity as Lenin exploited it with his slogans
Kerensky made early miscalculation of disbanding the Okhrana who had been helpful to the Tsar in restricting rev parties
Permitted freedom of press- bol capitalised on
Decision to continue war was a disaster
Failed to do anything about the deterioration of economy
Then the June offensive which tore the Russian army apart and had serious military effects leading yo July days uprising
Finally the biggest mistake was thr way it handled the Kornilov affair, Kerensky released bol leaders from prison and armed them exposing the PG's vulnerability while rep Bol as defendrrs of the capital

(seems so much more when i type it out) 😂
Anyone do the Ireland course from 1820's to 1867?? Any predictions?
Weaknesses:
'Provisional'- never meant to last, even saw itself as a temporary body
Unelected therefore no authority in contrast to the Petrograd Soviet
Further weakened by having to share power with PS (dual authority) who grew more powerful from 1917
Another difficulty was the fact it was a conservative gov with a variety of pol views. As a result struggled to make laws for fear of splitting and it was therefore reluctant to pass any major legislation until war was over and elections held

Mistakes:
It failed to introduce land reforms or elections. This helped boost bol popularity as Lenin exploited it with his slogans
Kerensky made early miscalculation of disbanding the Okhrana who had been helpful to the Tsar in restricting rev parties
Permitted freedom of press- bol capitalised on
Decision to continue war was a disaster
Failed to do anything about the deterioration of economy
Then the June offensive which tore the Russian army apart and had serious military effects leading yo July days uprising
Finally the biggest mistake was thr way it handled the Kornilov affair, Kerensky released bol leaders from prison and armed them exposing the PG's vulnerability while rep Bol as defendrrs of the capital

(seems so much more when i type it out) 😂

Thanks, that's perfect! :smile:
Original post by DanBing
Thanks, that's perfect! :smile:

What else do you thinks going to come up?
Someone on this said bolshevik consolidation of power what exactly comes under that do you know?
Reply 115
What else do you thinks going to come up?
Someone on this said bolshevik consolidation of power what exactly comes under that do you know?

Would that be the Bolsheviks fighting in the Civil War and their economic policies between 1917-1924? I've the exam tuesday and don't know whats coming up so im just reading over everything lol.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465739668.186165.jpg

Hopefully that image will work. This is what needs to be put in for consolidation of power. If you can't read it zooming up I can take more close up pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so nervous, made a total mess of those beauties of questions on Friday for Germany.... I didn't do history for GCSE so it's kinda a shock how much work gets shoved in at the end. I have my first R.e and History of Art exams on Wednesday and I've been freaking out about them also so I'm kinda in a mess of revision and after Friday's disaster my self-esteem is certainly lacking... Any tips or help? lol
Reply 118
Can someone please explain to me what the different sections are for russia, i dont know which ones to focus on for tomorrow
How does everyone think it went?

Quick Reply

Latest