The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah i guess. im not exactly a massive clubber or anything. I'll probably feel totally different when i get there anyway. klute here i come. (i sooo cant wait to see the 'worst club in europe', funny how that actually attracts people!)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
40:60 eh? Even 45:55!

Once again my decision is vindicated. Love it! I praise the lord every day that girls get better exam results than boys.

Cabeca as a mere young pup :p: I wouldn't expect you to know such things, but the key to good clubbing is to get completely rat-arsed. I find that even if they then play music that I hate, when completely ****ed off my face, it only really resembles a faint beat. I also get completely overcome with a completely artificial sense of well-being (whoever said alcohol was a depressant?). Although the morning after doesn't really bear thinking about.
Reply 22
So drink spirits, Adam :P

You just have to get drunk enough that you don't mind which way you go home or how long it takes, as long as you get there eventually. Oh, and where I live, drunk enough that barbed wire doesn't sting. Yeah...
Reply 23
Knotty, that is utterly despicable. I wouldn't give up the day job if I were you.

Although I'm interested to hear the barbed wire story. Do tell!??
Reply 24
My god I bet you Durhum students have many stories to tell? Barbed wire hey?

Well, because I will be at the Stockton Campus, It's obviously going to be harder for me to travel to Newcastle and back. Would it be more appropriate to go to Middlesborough instead?
I'm also hoping to transfer to the John Lewis at Eden Square (I think it's called). Do you think it would be worth traveling to Stockton and back to work a full Saturday and/or Sunday?

Thanks,
Bertan
Reply 25
^ I think Newcastle will be more appropriate.
Reply 26
DrEvil
My god I bet you Durhum students have many stories to tell? Barbed wire hey?

Well, because I will be at the Stockton Campus, It's obviously going to be harder for me to travel to Newcastle and back. Would it be more appropriate to go to Middlesborough instead?
I'm also hoping to transfer to the John Lewis at Eden Square (I think it's called). Do you think it would be worth traveling to Stockton and back to work a full Saturday and/or Sunday?

Thanks,
Bertan

*Eldon Square.

I think if you were working a full day on a weekend it would be worthwhile travelling from Stockton to Newcastle, because you'd definitely earn enough money to pay for your travel, especially if you bought a bus/rail pass. And then you'd get your bonus as you mentioned previously.
Reply 27
I'm not at Durham yet :tongue: but soon! As long as my next maths exam doesn't go quite as horrifically as this afternoon's..xD

I think I'll probably end up going out to Newcastle every so often. It would be criminal to live in Durham for 3 years and not check it out once in a while, maybe more often if it's cheap enough and cool.
Reply 28
Becca
*Eldon Square.

I think if you were working a full day on a weekend it would be worthwhile travelling from Stockton to Newcastle, because you'd definitely earn enough money to pay for your travel, especially if you bought a bus/rail pass. And then you'd get your bonus as you mentioned previously.

THANKS HUN X
Reply 29
THAT'S OK! :p:

Latest