The Student Room Group

What age would you like to live to, and how would you feel if you made it to 120.

Honestly I'd be quite content with kicking the bucket in my early 70s... still "all there", and old enough to see your kids make it to adulthood and probably give you a few grandkids.

I'd feel trolled by life if I found myself still alive at 120. Mind and body probably half decomposed already...
Around 900 will be nice.
On second thoughts maybe 19000.
Reply 2
I'd rather cut my life in half and give it to someone who had theirs taken

Spoiler

Original post by TheGuyReturns
Honestly I'd be quite content with kicking the bucket in my early 70s...

it'll be different when you are actually 70, you really think you'll be fine to go if you were in that moment?
don't matter, I'll die on tuesday anyway
I'd probably want to go while I'm relatively young, maybe in my 70s? I wouldn't want to get to the point of being bed-ridden, deaf etc (not that those things happen to everyone, but I don't really want to experience those things). I wouldn't want to live to 120 to be honest, I dread to think what sort of a state my mind and body would be in!
I would like to live to 80-90 years old, provided my quality of life is still good.

It'll be weird living to 120, by that age you'd have seen all your friends and family members of your generation die:frown:. Probably be house bound too but as long as I can still play video games its all good :lol:
Long enough so my grandkids are nearing adulthood, as old as I can get and be happy with my quality of life and not needing drugs to keep me alive really.
However long I can live for?

And not sure. I really don't think that living for long is all that.
I'd be happy to live to 120 if I was still reasonably lucid. My grandma's 95 and clear as a bell, so I think there's hope.
Original post by Infamous*
I would like to live to 80-90 years old, provided my quality of life is still good.

It'll be weird living to 120, by that age you'd have seen all your friends and family members of your generation die:frown:. Probably be house bound too but as long as I can still play video games its all good :lol:

Somehow I doubt you'd still have the reflexes.
As long as I am independent and can take care of myself, idc. My neighbour is in her 80s and she lives on her own with her cats and is still well. I would not want to be a burden to anyone and I don't want to feel powerless. Hopefully science will figure out how to stop or slow down aging in the next 50-60 years
(edited 7 years ago)
120?! No thanks :colonhash:

80-90 would be fine :tongue:
Reply 13
Around 40 would be perfect, I think. Then I could retire now.
Not sure how long I'd like to live. Generally I'd say I want a good long life, with the woman I plan on making my wife. That being the case, I'd want her to go a short time before me - that way she wouldn't have to go through the pain and grief of me dying. As narcissistic as that sounds.

Live to 120... well, I don't think it's impossible, given the way medical care is and is going. I'd maybe by mildly surprised. But as long as I was still me I'd be cool with it.
I'm sure we had this thread yesterday. I don't want to.
I'd happily live to any age as long as I was still healthy and mentally-sound. I know of people in their early forties who, for whatever reason, are severely unhealthy and miserable for it, and people in their seventies that are as fit as a fiddle. I therefore don't think that age really matters, or at what age I pop one's clogs (as delightful as the thought is), as long as I'm happy and in good physical condition.
Reply 17

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest