The Student Room Group

Charles Darwins Theory?😩🤔

🤓🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Charles Darwin's theory of Natural Selection

There are 3 main points you need to remember

Variation in the population is caused by a mutation (see how it rhymes?)
The organism is better adapted to its environment
It is more likely to survive and pass on the beneficial gene
Reply 2
Original post by Hasib_332
Charles Darwin's theory of Natural Selection

There are 3 main points you need to remember

Variation in the population is caused by a mutation (see how it rhymes?)
The organism is better adapted to its environment
It is more likely to survive and pass on the beneficial gene

Yep, I've noticed they're literally the only points you'll see on a mark scheme asking about natural selection
Reply 3
Organisms don't adapt by mutation.

1. Random mutation causes variation in the population.
2. Selection pressures mean that some individuals in the population are better suited to deal with these selection pressures.
3. These individuals are the ones which go on to reproduce, and therefore have a higher fitness.
4. The beneficial genes from these individuals are passed on to the next generation.
Original post by _curlyprinny
🤓🤓

What do you want to know about Darwin's theory exactly? okay, I tell you everything what I know.

First after Darwin's theory, the individuals of a population are not able to adapt themselves to their surrounding, the adaption happens by random mutation. This random mutation may lead to features of the individuals which give them an advantage to selection pressures in their surrounding (if mutation is beneficial!). That is to say they are fitter to their changing surrounding, so more survivable in comparison to another individuals which have not these features. Thus the individuals of a population with random mutation have (very) good chances to reproduce themselves, while the ones without it are dying out step by step. In the next generations, the features are passing on the individuals in population, they are adapted to their changing surrounding completely. And so the evolution process is finished.

Do I have something forgotten to mention?
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
What do you want to know about Darwin's theory exactly? okay, I tell you everything what I know.

First after Darwin's theory, the individuals of a population are not able to adapt themselves to their surrounding, the adaption happens by random mutation. This random mutation may lead to features of the individuals which give them an advantage to selection pressures in their surrounding (if mutation is beneficial!). That is to say they are fitter to their changing surrounding, so more survivable in comparison to another individuals which have not these features. Thus the individuals of a population with random mutation have (very) good chances to reproduce themselves, while the ones without it are dying out step by step. In the next generations, the features are passing on the individuals in population, they are adapted to their changing surrounding completely. And so the evolution process is finished.

Do I have something forgotten to mention?

The OP hasn't specified at what level the question is, but I would say that is probably a sufficiently detailed explanation.
Reply 6
Original post by _curlyprinny
🤓🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you like massive cock add me on facebook James Setter (Bristol)
Original post by FCB
The OP hasn't specified at what level the question is, but I would say that is probably a sufficiently detailed explanation.

Fine. Almost fine as your explanation: short, but summed up the most important statements of Darwin's theory. And that is why you got the reputation.
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
Fine. Almost fine as your explanation: short, but summed up the most important statements of Darwin's theory. And that is why you got the reputation.

Our explanations are the same, but I found when I was doing my A-levels that it was much easier to achieve the marks for questions if you use bullet-point statements, as it helps you make sure there is a clear logical progression between points. This means you can focus on the content rather than worrying about how to put it into a structured essay (which wasn't required for my A-level examinations, might depend on the exam board).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FCB
Organisms don't adapt by mutation.

1. Random mutation causes variation in the population.
2. Selection pressures mean that some individuals in the population are better suited to deal with these selection pressures.
3. These individuals are the ones which go on to reproduce, and therefore have a higher fitness.
4. The beneficial genes from these individuals are passed on to the next generation.

No they don't, however I find that this is probably the simplest way of describing natural selection to somebody, especially if you go onto mention "selective pressures" lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending