The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bloody hard!!
found it ok
i did 1,4,8 but what the hell was 8a about anyone? my whole class did the same questions and no one knows what it was about or what was ment to be written!
Reply 3
i failed, i failed, 'cries' i did the same questions as you geographyrevision but at times my mind went blank so i think i missed out on including really obvious points, and subsequently marks. for that 8a question apparently you had to mention what effect it would have on the future, i did not do that.:frown: its sad all the things i had revised just didnt come up and i couldnt think of ways of adapting some case studies. rubbish
Reply 4
nervosa
i failed, i failed, 'cries' i did the same questions as you geographyrevision but at times my mind went blank so i think i missed out on including really obvious points, and subsequently marks. for that 8a question apparently you had to mention what effect it would have on the future, i did not do that.:frown: its sad all the things i had revised just didnt come up and i couldnt think of ways of adapting some case studies. rubbish

lool ive been given a warning for saying i did questions 1,6,8 before 4am..how stupid is that lool

it wasnt that hard, just long.....was really bored after question 1 lol
i agree. a lot of the questions seemed completely unrelated to what we had been taught. the two ecosystems questions were savage!
Reply 6
punkrockprincess
i agree. a lot of the questions seemed completely unrelated to what we had been taught. the two ecosystems questions were savage!

I didnt do eco-systems questions...i sed b4 i wuldnt do them so i didnt lol..weather one was easy,

econamy was easy aswell lol jus spoke about China.....question 8 was development gap.....so not overly hard really

tom
awww i hope i did ok...
i did 2,6,9 but i ran out of time and i dont think i wrote enough :s-smilie:
i didnt really understand question at all 6... it was talking about transnational companies right? cos thats what i wrote about
Reply 8
Yeh i was rather irritated, i felt a lot of it was more common sense than what weve spent a year learning! I didnt use pretty much any of the revision notes id made at all....

Was so annoyed by the human question, as i was thinknig id just answer the economy question and that would be fine as id covered it all and was much more cofnident i could write a better answer, then the only economy Q was on inward invetment.... not a problem... except weve only looked at inward investment in a tiny area of south wales, not the environmental impacts of inward inevestment for a whole country! So yeh that was annoying... and babbling on about fertility rates was just boring and i spent too long on it :frown:

the last question, question 9 on why cant international agreement voer environmental issues be reached, was fantastic however, shame i didnt have enough time left to really get my teeth stuck into it!

But yeh annnoying all those hours spent revising to then be asked to describe weather conditions....
Reply 9
ClareR
Yeh i was rather irritated, i felt a lot of it was more common sense than what weve spent a year learning! I didnt use pretty much any of the revision notes id made at all....

Was so annoyed by the human question, as i was thinknig id just answer the economy question and that would be fine as id covered it all and was much more cofnident i could write a better answer, then the only economy Q was on inward invetment.... not a problem... except weve only looked at inward investment in a tiny area of south wales, not the environmental impacts of inward inevestment for a whole country! So yeh that was annoying... and babbling on about fertility rates was just boring and i spent too long on it :frown:

the last question, question 9 on why cant international agreement voer environmental issues be reached, was fantastic however, shame i didnt have enough time left to really get my teeth stuck into it!

But yeh annnoying all those hours spent revising to then be asked to describe weather conditions....

lool yeah i agree...i revsied so much on things i really didnt need....describing weather conditions just needed common sense.......question 6 on econamy was really straight-forward it...and i didnt like question 7 or 9, so i answered 8 ..development gap came up last year

lots of things that came up year before came up again....
i did 8 because i knew i should get full marks on part b. for part a i waffled on for a page about how Sub saharan africa would never develop bla bla bla! then went onto say how because eastern europe had increased poverty then there would be more migration into uk and then outlined some of the problems etc. then put that world is developing and increased trade coz of decline in poverty as places like china became rics etc.
prob all wrong tho!
Reply 11
Does anyone else feel that all they have learnt for the past year was a complete waste of time?! Personally, I thought that several of the questions seemed completely unrelated to what we had been taught!
especially question 1!
for 6 marks it was describe the weather shown!! any one could have done that
and for 13 marks you just had to say the benefits of short and long term weather forecasting!
crazy
Reply 13
What did people put for 1B?

Did anyone else do question 5, the migration 1?

And question 9, it was just common sense right, I don't remember learning about policies of countries in lessons?

Thought it was pretty decent overall personal, even if not one lesson was relevant.
Reply 14
I did 1,6 and 9....

1b was the differences in summer/winter anticyclones right? Well...my thinking

Similarities:
- High pressure
- Clear skies
- Stays around for 3+ days usually
- Calm wind speed
- Similar wind direction? (air flowing clockwise around high pressure)
- Low temperatures at night due lack of cloud cover

Differences:
- Summer has higher temperatures in daytime...suppose you could mention ITCZ shift although I did read before the exam that this wouldn't be included but I wrote it anyway!
- Probably some more that I can't recall right now.

Would a bottom-up scheme count for Q6? Like grass roots from NGOs...surely inward investment?
Reply 15
I did Qs 1,4 and 7...I feel like I babbled on for ages about random things that werent totally relevant to the question.
Reply 16
if you didnt revise weather.. (i.e. me) there was no choice BUT to answer ecosystems.
I dont know the full systems of high pressure and low pressure
i get confused... mainly because our teacher for physical geo is human and can only teach with another teacher's notes out..!
So i cant read the weather - how stupid is that (!)
Anyway, ecosystem was hard.. especially the resource for 3a!
The resource for 8a as well was hard
as was the resource for 4a (fertility rates)... why have italy gone down and argentina?! And the case studies were all made up facts in my brain.. so stupid - this exam was pointless. truly.
Reply 17
god damn i ***** on that, im crap at analysing fliping charts a graphs. god help me
Reply 18
Iron_Duke
I did Qs 1,4 and 7...I feel like I babbled on for ages about random things that werent totally relevant to the question.

Thats exactly how I feel for those exact questions!
Reply 19
..and me in a way but im sure we all tried our best! i'd agree that the resources were not nice at all, difficult to see past them and work the case studies in :frown:

Latest