The Student Room Group

English Lit // of mice and men and DnA

I'm not sure how to get an A* since my english teacher left us last month and the new
teacher is of no help. I've done no/ minimal revision the English lit is on about 8 days I have no idea what to do
Reply 1
Original post by iqraaaaaaa
I'm not sure how to get an A* since my english teacher left us last month and the new
teacher is of no help. I've done no/ minimal revision the English lit is on about 8 days I have no idea what to do

What exam board are you with? I'm doing WJEC, and what I would say is for OMAM:
What i'd do over the next week is put the main characters that haven't been on before (George, Slim, Curley's wife, Lennie) and jot down the contextual aspects of life they highlight. For example, with Lennie, you can talk about attitudes to the disabled, his lack of understanding of the racial boundaries, the loneliness of the migrant worker, the American dream etc. Then just pick a few short quotations to support your ideas. Look at the 'specimen assessment material' for the '2015 strengthened specification' because there are some good exemplars on there because context was only introduced last year.
Reply 2
Original post by MBK14
What exam board are you with? I'm doing WJEC, and what I would say is for OMAM:
What i'd do over the next week is put the main characters that haven't been on before (George, Slim, Curley's wife, Lennie) and jot down the contextual aspects of life they highlight. For example, with Lennie, you can talk about attitudes to the disabled, his lack of understanding of the racial boundaries, the loneliness of the migrant worker, the American dream etc. Then just pick a few short quotations to support your ideas. Look at the 'specimen assessment material' for the '2015 strengthened specification' because there are some good exemplars on there because context was only introduced last year.

I'm doing AQA, and is there any way you'd have any consise notes you could forward me?

Quick Reply

Latest