The Student Room Group

I am not fully sure I like my course. What to do?

Hi,
I am studying Aerospace Engineering at Padua's University, first year of the bachelor. I have come to the point where I am not 100 %sure I wanna keep studying this bachelor here . First, I have other interests like Astronomy and Subnuclear physics . Secondly, I haven't really connected with anyone here so I don't have many reasons to stay here(I feel like this is contributes a lot to worsen my discomfort ). I have initially chosen Aerospace as I really liked the idea of working for space agencies especially for space exploration . I feel very terrible cause at some point of the day I wanna keep studying Aerospace, then a moment later i would like to stop and start Astronomy, then i feel guilty cause my parents are financially supporting me have already payed first year tuition fee so i don't wanna disappoint them starting another course all over again and therefore I stick to Aerospace again. I see some classmates who are super motivated and are really into teh course while I don't feel the same motivation.What should i do ? how can i find peace in my head and make the decision? I am also very interested in studying abroad away from my parents but at the same time I don't want to weigh too much on my parents . Do you have any location suggestion?
Can I ask what are your favourite and least favourite subject in the course that you are getting?
Reply 2
Original post by Topgun2016
Can I ask what are your favourite and least favourite subject in the course that you are getting?

I like dynamics of space flight,physics 1 , fundamental of astronomy and astrophysics. aerospace systems . I do not really like numerical calculus, linear algebra, analythichal mechanics,aerodynamics and design of aerospace structures
Original post by Framar
I like dynamics of space flight,physics 1 , fundamental of astronomy and astrophysics. aerospace systems . I do not really like numerical calculus, linear algebra, analythichal mechanics,aerodynamics and design of aerospace structures

Hi there,

If you want to do anything within engineering, you will be thoroughly taught maths classes in the first couple of years. They're essential for future classes. Even if you start going more in depth in physics/astrophysics, you will require a knowledge of maths. As you progress, you will use a lot of maths, but the classes become less maths orientated and you will learn about theoretical/practical applications.

The main thing is to find a degree you would be happy to learn and pursue. Look into classes you'd be doing in the next couple of years and see how they interest you. If you are wanting to transfer to a different degree, it's often possible to go directly into 2nd year from 1st year, but you would need to discuss this with your advisor/department.

Hope this helps!

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending