The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Di Matteo set to be announce and confirmed today, apparently.

Tomorrow the mail says

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two Champions League winning managers in the Championship next season then.

Surprised to see RDM come to Villa tbh, surely he can do better? What's the rationale behind him coming, as there has to be one?
Original post by Gob Bluth

Surprised to see RDM come to Villa tbh, surely he can do better? What's the rationale behind him coming, as there has to be one?

It's a good job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Gob Bluth

Knows the league having got West Brom promoted a few years back. If the new owner has promised him adequate funds to push for promotion in his first season, plus continued financial support afterwards, then taking control of one of the biggest sides in the Championship, building your own side from almost scratch, and restoring their PL status might look quite an exciting proposition.

Where could he have gone? There were rumours of Lazio. But I question whether that's a better gig. Do they have the funds, or the intentions of pushing the top 4/5 sides in Serie A anytime soon?

We can probably pay him more as well tbh, despite our current position.
(edited 7 years ago)
Big job at a big club, if he can turn us around then that will be the appeal; it's a challenge. Plus he lives in Leamington so he can continue living there and commute to work lol.
I'm not sure about him tbh. But it's confirmed now so he gets my full support.

Now sort our squad out.
Steve Clarke being responsible for the players will be good as he is a proper coach
Reply 47
Di Matteo and Clarke could be a winning formula.

You look at the calibre of managers they've served as assistants to - Mourinho, AVB, Dalglish - and it's an impressive list, to be fair.
So jack Woodward has left the club lol
Original post by neal95
So jack Woodward has left the club lol

Didn't he leave a while back? Like a few weeks.

I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life but my word he is one annoying **** on AVTV.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Didn't he leave a while back? Like a few weeks.

I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life but my word he is one annoying **** on AVTV.

I'm not sure I just saw a villa group post a article on facebook with a tweet from him and yeah he seems nice enough, wonder what he will go on to do next
Our Tone looks hard as **** with our scarf.

EIEIO up the football league we go and when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing. We are Villa we are Villa, Roberto is our king.
Original post by Mackay
Di Matteo and Clarke could be a winning formula.

You look at the calibre of managers they've served as assistants to - Mourinho, AVB, Dalglish - and it's an impressive list, to be fair.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Our Tone looks hard as **** with our scarf.

This relegation could turn out to be a good thing.

The rebirth of Villa is possible. That's if Wolves don't stop yee.
Reply 54
Original post by trustmeimlying1
This relegation could turn out to be a good thing.

The rebirth of Villa is possible. That's if Wolves don't stop yee.

Some clubs need to go down to be reborn. Look at Leicester and Southampton.
Welcome to the club di matteo and Steve Clarke. 35k per week contract with 2 million pound bonus for di matteo if he gets us up first time of asking and 50 mil warchest this season. Carles Gil supposedly wants out and player liaison officer lorna mcclelland has left after 14 years
And Jack Woodward has gone as well.
Reply 57
Original post by neal95
Carles Gil supposedly wants out

Let him go and free up the wage bill. No point having him around if he doesn't want to be there. Clubs like Bolton have ruined themselves financially keeping hold of their highest earners.
He's too lightweight anyway, gets knocked off the ball far too easily.
Yeah I wouldn't mind if he left tbh. Skilful player but never really did enough in the appearances. Amavi interesting Liverpool supposedly. Be a Dickish move if he left considering he hasn't kicked a ball since November. Saying that, this is modern football

Quick Reply

Latest