I thought it would be good to have a thread (with little or no chat?) to list tips for both newbies and advanced matched bettors. I know we all favour different services, but we all want to make profit from the bookies so we can help each other! I'll start with 10 Tips (5 Beginner and 5 Advanced)
1. If you are thinking of getting started with Matched Betting then don't procrastinate. This may not be around forever!
2. Still not started... What are you waiting for
3. Once you have done your first bet or 2 and like the idea of earning some extra money on the side, then you want to get organised. Open up a separate bank account like Halifax easycash account or get a Ffrees Card so that you keep your matched betting money separate from your main bank account.
4. Use a spreadsheet to stay organised
5. Stay Motivated! Read the success stories around of people who have been doing it for a long time and believe in yourself that you can do it.
6. Don't just take advantage of sign up offers and reload offers. Remember to place mug bets. Mug bets are bets placed to avoid the bookmakers thinking that you are just using them for their special offers. Try to place your mug bets on things that you are betting on with your offers. For example, the odd £1 on a Football Accumulator, some bets on non promotional horse races for small acceptable losses and don't always go for the exact bonus offer amount. Ie. for Bet 365's £50 in play offer... you could bet £40 or £100 or something pre match instead of £50.
7. Try to use Smarkets instead of Betfair. Smarkets charge 2% commission and Betfair charge 5% commission. This can make a difference over the year. Smarkets have cleaned up their act now and usually offer the same odds as Betfair, especially on popular events.
8. While talking about Bet exchanges, remember that you can bet any amount with them and you don't have to worry about placing £1 or £5 or £50 bets etc. A bet of £1.76 or £42.15 is totally acceptable at a betting exchange.
9. Don't be tight, treat this like business - Avoiding to pay for good services can actually lose you more time and money than paying for them. If you are taking it seriously then sign up to services to maximise your hourly profit and avoid missing out on offers. This also makes it more social
10. Don't be shy of casino offers and understand +EV... take more risks that are in your favour. Watch this video on YouTube called "Would you Take this Bet" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBX-KulgJ1o, which is great at explaining positive value bets.
Matched Betting Tips
|TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >>||17-10-2016|