The Student Room Group

PHYSICS 9702 16 MAY 2016. Paper 4

I did paper 42
I thought it was weird but easy?
No Quantum!! I mean what!
It was quite weird
I think the GT will be high:/

Just clarifying, I don't mean to say the paper was easy. The question mark is for a reason.
Girls in my class found it easy. and some were satisfied.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

****ing hell it was the hardest paper ive ever sat for
Reply 2
Original post by keziaalee
****ing hell it was the hardest paper ive ever sat for

Omg really? you did variant 2?
yes and everyone ik all over the world says its tough af, u find it easy? lmao
Someone just tell me what happens to the Hall voltage when conduction is using electrons or holes? You know which question I'm talking about..
Original post by TerraformingYou
Someone just tell me what happens to the Hall voltage when conduction is using electrons or holes? You know which question I'm talking about..

loool do u think the paper is easy? like its far tougher than past year papers right?
Reply 6
yes and everyone ik all over the world says its tough af, u find it easy? lmao

loool do u think the paper is easy? like its far tougher than past year papers right?

I didn't mean that the whole paper was easy. it was weird no doubt. But a few questions were doable. Although there were questions which were absolutely crazy. Like the Hall voltage, the first binary star question, how did you guys find the distance d?
People in my class said it was easy though, some were quite satisfied with the paper. which is a bit weird cuz I found it weird.
Reply 7

I said with holes the effect is same but on the other side.
if it makes sense....
Original post by A.S.J
I said with holes the effect is same but on the other side.
if it makes sense....

1. What thermometers did you use btw? For the ultrasound pulse and the Bunsen flame?

Your class must be great at physics because my class found it extremely hard (some didn't know about the Hall voltage).. The paper for me, wasn't absolute hell but it wasn't exactly a breeze either.. Like any other physics paper..

I could see why it was difficult because the questions were a mesh of recalling and application.. How the X-ray spectrum is like that is mentioned in usually one little page as a little detail in the physics textbook.. The binary star thing was crazy because mostly everyone had a unique different answer xD

2. What did you get for the mass of your planet?

EDIT:
Might as well add a couple more questions..
3. Why did the iron core cause a voltmeter reading at Q?
4. What was your e.m.f. versus time graph for that induction question?
5. What is your highest audio frequency used in the transmission?
6. Why do we consider spherical charges as if they're point charges with the charge concentrated at the centre (with reference to field lines)
7. Attenuation coefficient of lead: did you get 0.06 mm^-1 ish? And does it decrease, remain the same, or increase in aluminium?
8. Obviously, how did the X-ray spectrum show up like that?
9. Hall voltage with holes affect it or not?
10. Define gamma radiation (hehehehe just to be sure)
11. Two uses of capacitors besides smoothing direct current?
12. What does infinite slew rate mean? (Hehehehehe just to be sure)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
1. What thermometers did you use btw? For the ultrasound pulse and the Bunsen flame?

Your class must be great at physics because my class found it extremely hard (some didn't know about the Hall voltage).. The paper for me, wasn't absolute hell but it wasn't exactly a breeze either.. Like any other physics paper..

I could see why it was difficult because the questions were a mesh of recalling and application.. How the X-ray spectrum is like that is mentioned in usually one little page as a little detail in the physics textbook.. The binary star thing was crazy because mostly everyone had a unique different answer xD

EDIT:
6. Why do we consider spherical charges as if they're point charges with the charge concentrated at the centre (with reference to field lines)
7. Attenuation coefficient of lead: did you get 0.06 mm^-1 ish? And does it decrease, remain the same, or increase in aluminium?

1. for Bunsen burner I wasn't sure so I wrote mercury.. I know its wrong. for the other thermocouple.
2.mass of the plnet, tbh I don't remember it at all. what about you? I remember the distance d I got 0.7x10^6
3.because it induces emf in p so because of Newtons 3rd law and lenz's law an emf in q is produced.
4.i just did the same thing.....
5.230 Hz the last band value.
6.Because they all meet at a point in the centre. I drew a diagram too.
7.yes! did you do gradient or the other way? I fist did the other way then crossed out for gradient.
8.because of electrons having many wavelengths and so photons also have many energies.
9.i said no. voltage is same but in the other direction.
10. Its in te electromagnetic radiation section with no charge produced when unstable nuclei divide...
11.igot stuck on that so I said chargers and alarms.
12.no idea......
Reply 10

EDIT:

means GT will be low, In shaa Allah! Now I have a bit of hope for at least getting a B.
Do you take chemistry?
Original post by A.S.J
1. for Bunsen burner I wasn't sure so I wrote mercury.. I know its wrong. for the other thermocouple.
2.mass of the plnet, tbh I don't remember it at all. what about you? I remember the distance d I got 0.7x10^6
3.because it induces emf in p so because of Newtons 3rd law and lenz's law an emf in q is produced.
4.i just did the same thing.....
5.230 Hz the last band value.
6.Because they all meet at a point in the centre. I drew a diagram too.
7.yes! did you do gradient or the other way? I fist did the other way then crossed out for gradient.
8.because of electrons having many wavelengths and so photons also have many energies.
9.i said no. voltage is same but in the other direction.
10. Its in te electromagnetic radiation section with no charge produced when unstable nuclei divide...
11.igot stuck on that so I said chargers and alarms.
12.no idea......

omg i get distance d= 0.7x10^8, and to find mass b u use Fc=Fg?
Also for the attenuation coeffiecient, do u get exact 0.06? i got like 0.058333, u drew best fit line right?
Reply 12
omg i get distance d= 0.7x10^8, and to find mass b u use Fc=Fg?
Also for the attenuation coeffiecient, do u get exact 0.06? i got like 0.058333, u drew best fit line right?

I couldn't get how to do the distance. The formula was getting sooo messy. so I just did quarter of the value because d was placed more than half away.....XD my friend also got same.
yea that's what I did for mass. but I hope to get ecf from first part.
Yea I drew best fit.]got 0.0583 so I rounded to 0.06 :smile:

Oh and I you asked me if co-efficient was bigger or smaller,
I said in Aluminium its more because it easily penetrates through.
Original post by A.S.J
I couldn't get how to do the distance. The formula was getting sooo messy. so I just did quarter of the value because d was placed more than half away.....XD my friend also got same.
yea that's what I did for mass. but I hope to get ecf from first part.
Yea I drew best fit.]got 0.0583 so I rounded to 0.06 :smile:

Oh and I you asked me if co-efficient was bigger or smaller,
I said in Aluminium its more because it easily penetrates through.

and for the induced emf question, how do u draw the graph?
Reply 14
[QUOTE="keziaalee;64904307"]and for the induced emf question, how do u draw the graph?[/QUOTE

Im not sure
first i did it the other waybut same lines then i rubbed and did the same which was for current.
this was the HARDEST physics paper Ive ever done.
Reply 16
and for the induced emf question, how do u draw the graph?

Im not sure
first i did it the other waybut same lines then i rubbed and did the same which was for current
Reply 17
Original post by PC.police
this was the HARDEST physics paper Ive ever done.

Ive done harder ones... like Chemistry paper 42 and Physics in October November 22...
Original post by A.S.J
Ive done harder ones... like Chemistry paper 42 and Physics in October November 22...

this is definitely the most difficult physics paper though, the first question caught a lot of people right off the bat.
Reply 19
Original post by PC.police
this is definitely the most difficult physics paper though, the first question caught a lot of people right off the bat.

I would slightly disagree. I found the October November physics paper 22 harder. slightly harder.
Oh yes! the first question!!
Oh and remember the op-amp question? did you use inverting formula or non-inverting? becaue question saidnon-inverting so I used that. but my friends said the diagram had inverting so they used the inverting formula.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending