The Student Room Group

Can you change your gas&electric bill to someone elses name/account

Hi,

I will be going into my third year and will be living in a 4 bedroom student house. Over the summer one of my flatmates will be living in the house for the first month, however she doesn't want to be responsible for Gas/electric. One of my other flatmates is going abroad over summer but he is happy to be in charge of it when he comes back in september. If she was to set it up and put it in her name/bank account over summer, would my other flatmate be able to take over the same acount and switch everything over to his name/account and responsibility?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing haha :redface:
Reply 1
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Hi,

I will be going into my third year and will be living in a 4 bedroom student house. Over the summer one of my flatmates will be living in the house for the first month, however she doesn't want to be responsible for Gas/electric. One of my other flatmates is going abroad over summer but he is happy to be in charge of it when he comes back in september. If she was to set it up and put it in her name/bank account over summer, would my other flatmate be able to take over the same acount and switch everything over to his name/account and responsibility?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing haha :redface:

I doubt it. More likely the company would want you to end the old one and start a new one in the new names.
You have to cancel the old account and get a final bill, then whoever is taking over the bill needs to set up a new account in their name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending