The Student Room Group

Barts - how to find accommodation for next year

So there's a group of us transferring over to Barts from St Andrews for clinical and we were wondering how current Barts students found getting private accommodation.
We're guaranteed halls for the first year of clinicals (3rd year), but having lived in flats for 2 years some of us are not sure about going back into halls. Would you say that halls have mostly first years? And, more importantly, how did you go about finding places to live, is there a facebook group or something for finding flatmates/housing?
Are you St Andrews second or third year currently? If you're third year, hi! I'm also transferring to Barts from St Andrews this year. Considering there's only 8 of us transferring, I'm guessing I know you :tongue: (it's Lara)

I've already found private accommodation, and it was pretty easy to come by. Certainly easier than finding a place to live in St Andrews, though more expensive. I think most letting agents start advertising properties only a few weeks in advance, if that. So if you're looking to move in August, it probably isn't worth properly searching until the end of June / start of July. I just got lucky with the timing of mine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending