The Student Room Group

Gcse OCR Ethics 1&2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FenixZ
The grade boundaries never change in the OCR Ethics and Philosophy exams they are always 90% A*, 80% A etc

Lool it's never 90% (i think u mean ups) and it ranges because on some papers its 39 on others its 42
some of it was okay but i feel the c + d questions threw me off
Original post by escg
This haha. That e question was killer, like damn xD what did you talk about?

Sorry I'm replying so late- i did Christianity so I wrote a lot about how in the bible there isn't a lot on medical ethics because they didn't have the same medical procedures at the time...but I said it can still be used for guidance on lots of things as the teachings are adaptable, eg 'do not kill' and 'aren't you worth much more than birds?' (Lol) ...what about you?? I don't think I did well on it because my answer didn't really have a structure, I kept just writing quite random stuff !
Reply 23
Original post by grace143
Sorry I'm replying so late- i did Christianity so I wrote a lot about how in the bible there isn't a lot on medical ethics because they didn't have the same medical procedures at the time...but I said it can still be used for guidance on lots of things as the teachings are adaptable, eg 'do not kill' and 'aren't you worth much more than birds?' (Lol) ...what about you?? I don't think I did well on it because my answer didn't really have a structure, I kept just writing quite random stuff !

i broke medical ethics down to like cloning, fertility treatment, euthanasia etc. and elaborated on those and mentioned how the answers are in the bible and jesus' actions and how religion sets moral and ethical boundaries, yet sometimes scientists need to go beyond these etc. i'd say i developed my points a lot too, i had i think around 8 points in total, but i think the grade boundaries may be a little lower for that exam haha xD
Reply 24
The media question of "religion relies on the media" was pretty hard i found. I wrote about those bloody Jehovah's witnesses XD
Also this was my only exam with OCR and i kinda found their exams a bit ghetto when compared with edexcel and AQA
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FenixZ
The grade boundaries never change in the OCR Ethics and Philosophy exams they are always 90% A*, 80% A etc

The grade boundaries for OCR RS are surprisingly low.

On average 40/51 marks for each a-e question paper will achieve you an A*...just.

42 Marks + on each paper is a guaranteed A* as A* totals out of 204 are around 170.

That means you can drop about 7-8 Marks a paper and still comfortably get the A*.

See the attached image of Last Year's [2015] OCR RS Grade Boundaries.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.03.01.png

As 1jonam16 said, you may be referring to UMS Marks, which are based on Raw Marks, and the Raw Marks are rather the low!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JackCollard
The grade boundaries for OCR RS are surprisingly low.

On average 40/51 marks for each a-e question paper will achieve you an A*...just.

42 Marks + on each paper is a guaranteed A* as A* totals out of 204 are around 170.

That means you can drop about 7-8 Marks a paper and still comfortably get the A*.

See the attached image of Last Year's [2015] OCR RS Grade Boundaries.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.03.01.png

As 1jonam16 said, you may be offering yo UMS Marks, which are based on Raw Marks, and the Raw Marks and rather the low!

Thankyou so much for that!!! I feel so much better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending