The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University Residential 2016

Scroll to see replies

Going in the second week for Primary Education, and travelling from Leeds. Luckily the "in-laws" live in Liverpool so I'll be staying the night before.

Anyone else in Primary Education?

Jess x
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by _toommm_
If only i was local... set off walking at 10 to 5, bus to sheffield at half 5 in morning, Sheffield to Manchester Picc train at half 6, Manchester Picc to Preston train at 8, preston to ormskirk train at quart to 9, EL1 bus at quart past 9. Roughly £40 all in all

hi dude i just saw your post an hope this isnt too late for you but this may workout quicker and cheaper for yousheff to oms.JPG
Reply 42
[QUOTE=myhatmyrowntrees;66488388]hi dude i just saw your post an hope this isnt too late for you but this may workout quicker and cheaper for yousheff to oms.JPG

This is a really thoughtful idea for the person who was having to do a long journey, but we all have to be at edge hill by 11:15 x
Reply 43
Also, just so everyone knows, the welcome packs that they are sending us are being mailed out this week, so should arrive no later than next week!!
Original post by Plum1998
This is a really thoughtful idea for the person who was having to do a long journey, but we all have to be at edge hill by 11:15 x

take a look on national rail, there are earlier trains available x
Heyy:smile:
I'm going on week 2 to do the business/economics/marketing/finance course :biggrin:
Hi, I'm going on the first week to do English Literature. Is there anyone else doing that? :smile: x
Reply 47
Original post by cecilia.adekoya
Hi, I'm going on the first week to do English Literature. Is there anyone else doing that? :smile: x

Yes! x
Original post by Jennajjr
Yes! x

Great! Are you staying in Chancellor's Court too?
Reply 49
Great! Are you staying in Chancellor's Court too?

Yeahh I am x
I'm week 1 doing history!! Looking forward to seeing some of you guys tomorrow :smile: (found this thread a bit too late oops :wink: )
Original post by Jennajjr
Yeahh I am x

See you there :smile: looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow x
Reply 52
Quick question, what times (roughly) are people getting there tomorrow? Dont want to be there all alone awkwardly haha.
Original post by BenjiiG
Quick question, what times (roughly) are people getting there tomorrow? Dont want to be there all alone awkwardly haha.

The information pack says between 9-11 on the timetable but 9 is probably for early arrivals. I think most people would arrive between 10-11 x

Well, well, well who do we have here!
Original post by Jackieox
Hey!
So I'm going to be working the residentials as Day staff so you'll probably see me around. If you have any questions feel free to ask =D

Also for accommodation nothing is confirmed but it's very likely to be chancellors. It was last year anyway.
Chancellors is the only one that's actually big enough for everyone =P

Hi, I'm due to go on the residential next week for law, I applied a while ago and I'm still interested in law however I'm now considering teaching more as a career, do you know if there is any spaces/if it would be possible to change and do teaching??I know it's quite late though so probably not I just thought I'd ask anyway!☺️X
Just to let everyone doing week 2 know, the residential is amazing and completely worth it. Don't worry about making friends, everyone is really nice :smile:
Hope you all have a great time xx
Original post by jlouisex
Hi, I'm due to go on the residential next week for law, I applied a while ago and I'm still interested in law however I'm now considering teaching more as a career, do you know if there is any spaces/if it would be possible to change and do teaching??I know it's quite late though so probably not I just thought I'd ask anyway!☺️X

Hey! I can't remember off the top of my head which ones are full but i don't think teaching is as it has quite a high capacity..My advice would be to ask when you arrive, they may be able to sort it then =)
Hi I'm coming on the residential (week two!) anyone else doing law and criminology??? Xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 59
I’m week 2, English Language :smile:

Quick Reply