The Student Room Group

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
I totally would :tongue:
I love the geography, even if it is cold af.
Working there seems really doable for me too, apparently the software engineering sector is getting quite popular over there :biggrin:

Yeah, there shouldn't really be a shortage of geology jobs for me too, with the volcanoes/earthquakes, geothermal power etc :biggrin:
I quite like the idea of moving to the USA tbh. Pretty much my second home atm :h:
Original post by Mizuz
I love Iceland! But I wouldn't want to live there for the rest of my life...

Do you live there now?
I think I'd prefer it to the comparatively populated cities of the rest of Europe.
The only issue for me, would probably be the cold. I'm cold 24/7 even in summer so it might be a bit difficult to adjust to the climate
Reply 23
Depends if we vote in or out.
Original post by Mizuz
Hey! Whereabouts in China? I've been to Beijing and literally had to walk around wearing a mask. They don't lie about their pollution...

I'd like to go to Wuhan University Medical School about 1,000 miles south of Beijing.
Original post by Mizuz
Hmm? Why is it hard? I always thought it would be the natural option for many British people to live in after England...?

Because unless you have half a million dollars to invest in a business that employs Americans, Family who are American or can do a job than an American can't do themselves then getting the Visa is borderline impossible...
Reply 26
Original post by Zargabaath
Do you live there now?
I think I'd prefer it to the comparatively populated cities of the rest of Europe.
The only issue for me, would probably be the cold. I'm cold 24/7 even in summer so it might be a bit difficult to adjust to the climate

No, I haven't ever lived in Iceland! To be honest, I have the same problem - I have cold hands and feet in summer. I would like to live in Japan, but I am scared of earthquakes. I was in one last year and since then I feel everything moving wherever I sit, stand or lie down. :ashamed2:

By the way is it true that Iceland has 6 months of day and 6 months of night? :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Original post by Jackieox
Because unless you have half a million dollars to invest in a business that employs Americans, Family who are American or can do a job than an American can't do themselves then getting the Visa is borderline impossible...

Oh wow... I didn't know that. Surely, there must be a way...?
Reply 28
Oh god no. Not that the UK is a bad country by any means.

Honestly, I'd love to move back to the Philippines purely because of the tropical weather, but the poor medicinal care and unstable legal infrastructure puts me off :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by harinimnida
I'd like to go to Wuhan University Medical School about 1,000 miles south of Beijing.

Cool! I am guessing they teach in English there for International Students! Are you preparing in advance to learn a bit of Mandarin?
Original post by Mizuz
Cool! I am guessing they teach in English there for International Students! Are you preparing in advance to learn a bit of Mandarin?

They teach in English but I know Mandarin already
Reply 31
Original post by markreed
Oh god no. Not that the UK is a bad country by any means.

Honestly, I'd love to move back to the Philippines purely because of the tropical weather, but the poor medicinal care and unstable legal infrastructure puts me off :frown:

Have you lived in Philippines before?! I heard it was badly affected by the earthquake and since then, I have always wanted to find out more about the country.
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yeah, there shouldn't really be a shortage of geology jobs for me too, with the volcanoes/earthquakes, geothermal power etc :biggrin:

Let's do it! :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Mizuz
No, I haven't ever lived in Iceland! To be honest, I have the same problem - I have cold hands and feet in summer. I would like to live in Japan, but I am scared of earthquakes. I was in one last year and since then I feel everything moving wherever I sit, stand or lie down. :ashamed2:

By the way is it true that Iceland has 6 months of day and 6 months of night? :s-smilie:

I heard the 6 months of day and 6 months of night thing too. It seems to be true and I think most of Scandinavia gets it, I've heard people say it about Norway too, sounds really interesting actually :tongue:

Japan seems really cool, but for me I'd prefer somewhere less busy or crowded
Reply 33
They teach in English but I know Mandarin already

Wow!!! :biggrin: Can you read/write?
Not really, but I am not completely sure yet.
I quite like England but i'm not sure. Definitely want to stay in Europe though. Then again, Aus and NZ are quite nice...idk lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Mizuz
Have you lived in Philippines before?! I heard it was badly affected by the earthquake and since then, I have always wanted to find out more about the country.

I was actually born in the Philippines ahaa :h:

Yeah, the Philippines is on this thing called the Pacific Ring of Fire which is basically the ridge between two tectonic plates. Gets a lot of earthquakes and mudslides as a result.

Its also frequently hit by typhoons and other pretty crappy tropical storms.

A lot of my family on my Mom's side still live there in this little village quite far from the capital city, so I'm constantly worrying about how they're doing.
Original post by Mizuz
Wow!!! :biggrin: Can you read/write?

Yeah but I'm pretty terrible and slow at reading it because I barely use it anymore 😂 I'm actually faster in Korean now but I don't speak Korean well
Reply 38

为什么要来中国学医呢?
As far as I can see, in a few years (maybe decades), doctor is not a good job in China.
Reply 39
Original post by yoda123
I quite like England but i'm not sure. Definitely want to stay in Europe though. Then again, Aus and NZ are quite nice...idk lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I went New Zealand and people there were so kind and polite!! Also, the scenery is beautiful!

Quick Reply

Latest