Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which room should I take?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

We are getting a refurb on the family home next year. The room I am currently in will be extended to include a walk in wardrobe & ensuite, whilst there will also be a loft conversion to include a bedroom & ensuite. My dad wants me to choose which room I'd like before the works start but I'm a bit stuck. My brother and sister in law are trying for a baby so there will be a little nipper running around soon, and I'm not sure if it'd be better to be on the same floor as them (and a hallway across) or on the floor above (but this could maybe be worse if the noise is coming from just below). Also, the ensuite in the loft will be smaller than the one in the room I am currently in, and I won't have the added dressing room.

Your current room sounds like it would be better as a room so I'd be tempted to have that.

Although, being on the same floor as a baby could be annoying although like you said, you could probably hear that to some degree from above (depends on how much sound gets through your walls/ceiling and floors in your house to which is worse). Though you could just close your door, put headphones on if something noisy is going on. Your going to have noise with a baby in the house no matter what.

I'd decide which is more important to you, possibly less noise, depending on some factors (loft) or having a better room (keep your current one)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.