The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey everyone, i got the pre release, guess wot the subjects are boring- sharks and sewage!!!!!! Well wot do u think u cud possibly write on these topics lmao???

Becca xx
Reply 21
I reckon it's likely there might be a museum "tourguide" kind of script we have to write, for either of them.
For Sewers and Sanitation, I think there might be a question which requires you to write some sort of historical information thing for maybe younger audiences.

What do you guys think?
Reply 22
tiasax
I dropped my Sewers pack whilst running out of school today! THe floor was wet and it has mud all over it :rolleyes: I think it's a sign, lol

LOL! Yup! But it's a good sign... it means you're going to do something that is very appropriate to the task! :-)

Hehe!

I'm thinking younger audience too for either really. An article would be good for the shark pack. There could be something 'sciency' for that- perhaps aimed at children again?

I don't think they're that bad! At least we've got a bit of death and something disgusting to have a bit of fun with! I was expecting much worse! They're both insanely long though- 30 and 32 pages! eeek!
Reply 23
has anybody got any ideas what the sewage one could be about or found any main themes etc yet?
I also have the feeling that it will be some kind of museum tour guide thing, or if it were to be a magazine article, the magazines would be really specific, eg, New Scientist for Sharks, and something history based for S and S.

Fun fun!

xxx
Reply 25
First of all, has anybody got any good tips for preparing the packs?
Reply 26
I think with the shark pack they cud ask us to do a nice factual article (i wud soooooooo luv this to come up lol) How is everyone analysing and annotating it???
Becca xx
Reply 27
hello people!
im new on this so i dont really know the ropes but by the looks of it, people just discuss right?!

eek..sewers and sanitation!! i really dont like that one and didnt find it as interesting a read as the sharks one! that ones quite good :smile: i hope we get a Q asking us to do a kiddy style leaflet or something..would that be too good to be true?
what about radio shows? any tips?! im lost on those and my teacher is pants :frown: lol
xx
i was thinking of concentrating on doing just the one on them, probably the sharks? it would things soo much easier and if theres 2 questions atleast 1 of them should be ok, right???
Feel free to do that Anonymous but beware I've seen past papers where if you just revise one book you're in for a hard time lol. Depends on how much of a risk taker you are, but let's face facts, everyone knows which is the more appealing booklet here :smile:
They're not bad topics this year compared with some of the previous topics over the years!

A few months ago I bought a book called 'English Language for AQA/B' by Norman and Watkiss to help with ENB4. For ENB5 they suggest you do three readings on the material:
First reading (tagging and summarising sources)
Second reading (detailed evaluation - is it a trustworthy source? Does it convey more opinion than fact?)
Third reading (cross referencing - making connections with other sources)

They say that we have 48 hours to prepare the material, which works at roughly 3 hours a day on each pack. But can anyone else managage that in a day as well as preparing for the dreaded ENB6 exam next Wed?

HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!
I thought you were only allowed to take one pack into the exam with you..........Maybe Im deluded............Can anyone clarify for me? ARE we allowed to take both in with us? Thanks!

x
I'm pretty sure you take both in because you don't know which you're going to be using until you have the questions in front of you and choose which one to go with. :smile:
Reply 33
Yeah we can definitely take both! Hmmm I'm slightly dissapointed because I love persuasive writing and I can't really see how that oculd feature. I think the possibility of an article portraying sharks as being not as dangerous as people think may come up as that seems to be a constant theme. what everyone else reckon?
Reply 34
Yea - we can definitly 100% take both.

Thing is, the sewers one seems utterly boring and i don't think i should waste time reading something as useless as that when i could be revising for ENB6. A choice of two questions isn't THAT bad is it?! :confused:
Reply 35
that's what I was thinking. it's extremely boring AND long at the same time. I would rather concentrate on the sharks and the unit 6 exam. argh
Reply 36
I just have a feeling that the sewers questions could be abit better considering its the more boring pack, im not sure if it works like that though :p:
Reply 37
Yeh thats what my teacher said lol. It's not too bad actually, I think I am getting into it!
What do you think they might ask (about the sanitation one)? I think they will be quite specific as it focuses on the victorian time. ah I don't know!
Reply 38
I'm going to prepare for one pack only now! I'd rather spend all my efforts on one pack, and then have a choice between 2, than to divide my time between the two and then have only 2 more questions to choose from. I doubt the 2 questions we will pick from are going to be immensely hard, so by spending all our time on one pack, we will be way more prepared and be able to tackle any question that comes our way. :smile:

(don't kill me if the two questions turn out to be impossible lol)

I think I'm leaning towards Sharks.
(I flipped through sewers and it seems a lot of it is written in sub script :s-smilie:)
yeeehh i think ill probs b doin exactly the same, cant look throught both of them, aswell as revise for ENB6 and ive got another exam that same day..... so ill just be looking at sharks and hoping for the best.....

Latest