The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do you think its worth helping each other out here?. As in discussing what main topics there are, what audience each text is aimed at etc.
Reply 41
dimz
Do you think its worth helping each other out here?. As in discussing what main topics there are, what audience each text is aimed at etc.

Definately a good idea, Im happy to post up my analysis when I do it :smile:
Reply 42
tomdav
definitely a good idea, Im happy to post up my analysis when I do it :smile:

Likewise, I think we may aswell all do this tbh, it will help us become even more familiar.
Reply 43
That's a great idea :biggrin:
If anyone wants to add me to MSN to chat about the English packs, I'm more than welcome. Just PM me :smile:
Reply 44
yeah I'm up for it too. I got psychology tomorrow but after then will be fully concetrating on my packs. Same about MSN
Reply 45
Yeh it would be a good idea. I will prb finish reading them by tommorrow =). They are not too boring actually. heh
Reply 46
blue didi, which one are you leaning towards?
Reply 47
Both lol. Well on the sanitation one actually because my teacher said it's better to focus on the 'boring' one because the questions tend to be easier. What about you?
Reply 48
Might do sharks because it's a lot more interesting, so in theory I'll get through it more easily, however the pack is much thicker! So balances out really :p: At least I'll have a more enjoyable time with sharks I think. I guess if you prepare the materials well, whatever question you get in the exam won't be so bad.
Reply 49
dimz

I do, I think it'd be a great idea, that way we can get some good opinions on it and I'm sure it'll provide some help for everyone :smile:

Sharks sounds more interesting than sewage though.

I've got Biology on Friday so I'm probably going to flick through it a little and then absolutely destroy it over the weekend.
Reply 50
Yer I will be doing the same as tabris, If anyone has any notes so far, post them up.
Reply 51
Right I just woke up. :smile: A day of analysing the shark pack awaits me :frown:
Reply 52
same here, I am going to do as much as I can and then have to revise for bio, will look forward to some analysis in this thread.
Reply 53
Im starting this afternoon as well, hopefully you will be getting some notes from me :biggrin:
Reply 54
hey guys and tom. I have started, just reading all of them once first time and seeing their purpose and when they were written too.

Heres my first set of notes

Text A: Informing, simply about sharks and their features
Text B: Just data informing
Text c: Summary about sharks, again inform
Text D: Entertain, account about sharks

I am moving on to the rest now, look forward to your notes tom :smile:
Reply 55
hey everyone, this is my first ever post!

iv looked through the booklets, can't say I'm overly impressed with either of them, would have preferred codes or Glastonbury as they got over the last few years. Oh well.

thanks dimz for making the first movements towards a bit of note-making, i think we should all get on with it! if we help each other, it's surely A's all round?! lol

With regards to the glue and scissors we get in the exam, is anyone going to use them? I've been told it's a very bad idea and that you should handwrite everything to make sure you get the right tenor. Thoughts?

Thanks,
LyriX
Reply 56
The only bad thing about this is that if somehow everyone who did English Language came here, and used our notes and got As aswell, they may push the grade boundaries up! :eek:
Reply 57
Here's a summary chart you can put on the back of your cover sheet.
Reply 58
For the 'Sewers and Sanitation' one I'm thinking they're gonna ask us to write an extract from a textbook for GCSE or A-Level students or something. 'Sharks' will probably be a museum or something...
Reply 59
Anyone put up notes?. I literally ended up falling asleep after reading a bit about sewage and have just woken up. Christ half the day has gone to waste :frown:

Latest